Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been putting it off and putting it off but now that we have some nice weather here up north I feel I should clean the engine bay. I have decided to clean it myself as I have a Karcher pressure washer and some Maguiar's stuff.

So my question is basically about what to cover up before I begin cleaning. The obvious things which spring to mind are the battery, alternator, distributor and fuse boxes but I want to make sure that's everything. I imagine I'll be doing this again in the future sometime as I live in a rural area with gritty roads so any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers people.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Don't pressure wash it, just asking for trouble.

Get some different size paint brushes and degreaser and even polishes (bumper care stuff for plastic components) and a vacuum cleaner with a thin nozzle (just dont tell the missus what your using it for), then use the brushes to work the degreaser in where needed and rinse off with a low pressure hose.
Use the vacuum to suck out dirt where it's thicker after you have loosened it off and to get leaves and the like out.
Once it's looking cleaner you can crack out the sprays etc to clean the covers and the like up.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers edraven71. Completely understand the pressure washer danger, thankfully it has an attachment which restricts the flow to almost a mist. I should remember to have a pan under the car to catch all the crap.

Never thought of a steam cleaner, not a bad idea Smogz. I notice you have a Giulietta, what do you think of the newest Alfa's so far.

Cheers people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts