Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering - not sure anyone will have a good answer for another decade :)

The early direct injection engines like the Alfa JTS, but not Alfa alone by any means - RS6 anyone? - have suffered from carbon buildup. That's because there's no washing effect from the fuel.

Does anyone know if the new gasoline engines for the Giulia - both the Ferrari V6 and the Multi Air - have incorporated anything to reduce this problem?

·
Registered
625 Posts
maybe they will develop DIY kit or something that dealerships could do

principle seams to be very simple (here is example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMhNXXawjk)

otherwise we might follow the "alternative catch tank project" from this forum

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oil Catch cans are a thing how ever I would be more worried about DI Injection failure. I haven't look at too many technical specifications but I am wondering if its both DI and PI (Port). If not what DI pump is being used? I hear some DI pumps are not reliable and can fail over a short amount of time (hard use especially).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Oil Catch cans are a thing how ever I would be more worried about DI Injection failure. I haven't look at too many technical specifications but I am wondering if its both DI and PI (Port). If not what DI pump is being used? I hear some DI pumps are not reliable and can fail over a short amount of time (hard use especially).
after now in total approx 150k KM of using JTS engines (2.2 & 3.2) can tell you have not problems with those.

haven't saw any threads here about the direct injection (except that carbonisation problem)

·
Vendor
46,347 Posts
The 1.4 multi air is not a direct injection engine (for now at least).

·
Vendor
46,347 Posts
Supposedly the Giulia's 2.0 is, according to the Autocar review anyway.
Didn't know that - it would be good if they've found room for it all in the cylinder head. I think that was what was really holding the MA back in the Mito & Giulietta, they could control air intake very well but still couldn't get the mixture bang on, but then they do pop & crackle well so I could forgive them :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
after now in total approx 150k KM of using JTS engines (2.2 & 3.2) can tell you have not problems with those.

haven't saw any threads here about the direct injection (except that carbonisation problem)
Glad to hear (Sorry, I have been burned before on my GT86 with DI issues). haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts