Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

As the title says, really.

Today, while driving to work, the "low oil level" warning light came out... I immediately stopped at the next gas station and found the oil was just above the minimum mark. Topped it up to "max" and started the engine. Light still there...

Drove around for 10 min and the light still there. Stopped, check oil level again, all OK. Start... light still there... :(

Oil press is good, 2.5 bar (30psi) at idle, and 4.5bar (60psi) at cruise rpm.

Is this just our "italian electronic God" trying to play hide and seek with us owners? :)

Syed

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I think so lol. Im am sure someone will post!

Oil in the car with good pressure - dont worry! Itll be working fine next week!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
If it's anything like the 12V one, it's on the bottom of the dipstick tube - couple of wires. Can't remember whether they need shorting or disconnecting to put the light out. The dipstick (assuming the end isn't coming out of the plastic handle!), can't lie, so I guess it's just the sensor gone belly-up. Mine sometimes comes on when the engine is stopped and started again within a few seconds (e.g. when it has stalled), but other than that it has been reliable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think so lol. Im am sure someone will post!

Oil in the car with good pressure - dont worry! Itll be working fine next week!
Well, not too worry. Just as mysterious as when the light came on, its gone!

Started the car to go to work today, and all warning lights on the dash are OFF

How I love my Italians...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
OK, that's what mine does. I think if there's oil splashing around (like when it stalls) or the car is on a slope, it gets confused and will re-set itself - usually after a few minutes though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts