Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Optiflame' effect type, the rear of the see through glass panel has 'fogged' over a bit in only a year of being in service! :(: PIA to get to the rear of the glass to clean it! :mad: Get my reward from her tonight I hope as the missus is happy now. :thumbs:

Why do they design things like this which are so 'fiddly' to get at when they must know that from time to time they will need cleaning? ( Just to keep old geezers like me from getting too bored I suspect? :rant: )

V

·
0 Posts
You're not wrong ZF, stuff isn't made for serviceability these days, is it? Your fire is U/S!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About forty or so screws removed later, the rear of the glass is now sparkingly clean, so she is happy, but I'm still annoyed as it took me two hours or so to sort it.

And the screws were Phillips rather than Posidrive which suggests to me that the things were originally intended for the market over the pond! Job done, next!! You want the Money Honey Guy gals, or a practivist man that is at your beck and call to keep your home sorted? Service unlimited in all respects. :D :lol:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GJ as you know I missed out on a decent education and apprenticeship as my brain is really quite small, but I reckon that even I could of designed that 'Bizet' by Dimplex so that the little lady was able to clean the rear of the glass with relative ease. :):

I have to credit them with regard to the flame effect though, as psychologically it does appear, feel, quite like the real thing. The later ones have a smoke effect, but they were rather too expensive for us. However they are only a mimic of the real thing, and it does require a spot of imagination to believe it is real.:):

1 - 5 of 5 Posts