Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THINKING ABT BUYING THIS 166, ITS BEAUTIFULL BUT THE ICS SREEN IS VERY DIM AND YOU CAN'T SEE IT IN NORMAL LIGHT, ALSO THE GUY SAID THAT THA SAT NAV TAKES A WHILE TO WARM UP. IS IT A PROBLAM THAT CAN BE FIXED OR WILL I HAV'T TO BUY A NEW/SECONDHAND ICS.
ALSO ITS A 99 AND THE SAT/NAV IS THE TYPE WHERE STREET MAMES HAVE TO BE PUNCHED IN, NO POSTCODES.
HAS A PHONE THAT WORKS LOVELY AND WANT TO KEEP THAT.
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRICIATED:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Dont think even a 2009 sat nav disc will have postcodes! There all a little slow. I might have an ICS system for sale! I was going to keep it for spare just incase it happend to mine but no point! Sounds like its a new ICS jobby! aghhhh but mine does not have the phone!

·
Administrator
5,041 Posts
The ics screen itself can be replaced, if you are prepared to strip down both units to swop them over.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
The screen is auto-dimming - have a look on the right of the cassette slot and you'll see a little dot - that's the light sensor. If it looks like a hole, then the sensor has been pushed into the fascia and the ICS will think it's darker than it actually is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers paul, hopefully wont hav't to do that. mgt be the dimmming sensor as already suggested. will have a look

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for that, i'll have a look at the sensor and see if its been pushed in, if not mgt take you up on the offer. thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah that is on ebay, its the green one with cream leather for 2150, i've got him down to 2000 and i can use the dimming issue to get a few more quid off. fingers crossed. putting on a private plate to hide the year. V6 WTH which are my initials £390 from dvla. BARGAIN

·
Administrator
5,041 Posts
The little dot next to the cassette flap is in fact a lens which is pushed in from the front, its shape is slightly wedged so it can not go inside the facia. The senser is a opto which is mounted on the pcb which is behind the inner black moulding.

·
Administrator
5,041 Posts
If you put the two threads together, then the conclusion is that the ics 'is' faulty.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
ICS screen is EASY to replace, but try to find one with a GSM unit is the hard part! Unless your a jammy tw+t like me...........ive had four since ive had 166's......I assume you need to replace the whole button screen section!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts