Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a really nasty row of scratches on the rear bumper of the GT as a result of a minor collision with the gate post this morning :cry:

One of them is down to the black plastic :(

I've not had a chance to poilsh the lighter ones out yet but I know the deeper ones will need filling and painting :(

Anybody know if I can get a decent colour match paint stick for Dijon blue or will I have to ask Mango's spares dept for some :confused:

any Idea how much they are ?

I'm well razzed off because it's my fault and I can't blame a mystery collision or Mrs H :rant:

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Unlucky mate, we've all done it :( hopefully it wont be as expensive as a po of Bianco Nuvola touch up paint was for a previous owner of my car, around £50 I was told for a tiny pot of it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They managed to colour match my car fine shame about the actual spray. So if you buy the correct Dupont paint it should eb fine. I can get it cheap enough here but that kinda no use:(

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guy's :)

I'd rather go down the filling and painting route painstaking as it is I just don't think you get a decent job out of a spray can :(

I'll probably get some from Mangos unless somebody can convince me Helfrauds can give me a good match but I have to admit Mitsubish Palm Red was a very good match for Rosso Alfa and I did a half decent job when the Cup got keyed :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Mate same description different code number £14 a pot including delivery's not to bad either :thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Don't feel too bad Tony, the week after I got my GTA I reversed it into a load of roof tiles on my Uncles driveway. :(

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers mate :lol:

I'm just back from I'm almost ashamed to say it :eek:
Halfords :lol:

They matched the paint gave ma a little pot of it a primer pen and a clear lacquer pen for £8.49 :cool:

I've tested the colour match on the inside of the boot and it bloody perfect :thumbs:

All that's required from me is some TLC and patients :thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trust you :lol: :cheese: :lol:

*Mutters* Smartyarsed Moderators correcting our spelling mistakes :mad: ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rolleyes: :lol:

Started the repair tonight T-Cut the whole area for a couple fo hours it's not looking as bad as I first thought I'm taking some piccys of the repair as I go along and if I don't balls it up completely I'll post em :)

The biggest of the scratches will need to be filled with a couple layers of primer and paint then rubbed down then a final couple of coats of lacquer.

It's looking better than it did but I reckon I can make it almost invisible and have some paint left over to treat the stone chips on the bonnet :thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Me do that kind of speeds don't be daft ;) :lol:

You just got really hard flies down there :lol:

·
Registered
297 Posts
:rolleyes: :lol:

Started the repair tonight T-Cut the whole area for a couple fo hours it's not looking as bad as I first thought I'm taking some piccys of the repair as I go along and if I don't balls it up completely I'll post em :)

The biggest of the scratches will need to be filled with a couple layers of primer and paint then rubbed down then a final couple of coats of lacquer.

It's looking better than it did but I reckon I can make it almost invisible and have some paint left over to treat the stone chips on the bonnet :thumbs:

So Mr H when you've done that....i got a few chips and grazes u can have ag at on my brera:cool:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd wait till you see the results mate :lol:

It'll be tcut out and primed buy tommora night and I might have the first coat of paint on :)

But it takes 24hours for the paint to cure :cry:

Everyones gonna be looking at me bumper tommora night :( :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts