Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just driving home and digital display has gone blank, can't see any warning lights now - speedo can still be used analogue, has anyone had similar issue

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
it could be a defective display (i think there was a series of bad ones), or a firmware update is required, see

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further
investigation the technician may find that the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) has been
set:
• P051300
Invalid
Skim Key (2017 MY equipped with Sales Codes EED and XBU only).
In addition, the customer may notice:
• **Customer describes that the 7” cluster TFT appears black after vehicle start. The other
gauges of the IPC are still working.**

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
mine froze on same speed on speedometer on m25 last week, no matter what speed i did. i cycled through trip a and the other thing using th button to get it back. never seen that before.

·
Registered
474 Posts
same thing has happened to me over the last few days. blank display then flickering then normal again.
it came in conjunction with a TPMS warning so probably just coincidence.

you don't realise how much you use the info until you don't have it

·
Registered
474 Posts
thanks for the advice, will do if it happens again.
i also left the door open for a long period over the weekend so that might have had some effect.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It is a very well known issue, and it needs the update to be fixed. No the doors nor TPMS warning did not have effect on it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My info screen just went blank driving this morning (and the radio shut off at the same point).
Came back on a few mins later- very odd.

·
Registered
474 Posts
looks like our misano blues' gremlins are kicking in...!
will see how the digital display fares before darkening the door of the dealer

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well mine was and it's Misano Blue but, so far, gremlin free. May I ask what gremlins are fiddling with your car?
a slight exaggeration on my part. i was referencing the fact that jimbon also had a display fault and his was misano blue too.
i am however touching wood as i write this.

·
Registered
835 Posts
a slight exaggeration on my part. i was referencing the fact that jimbon also had a display fault and his was misano blue too.
i am however touching wood as i write this.
That's good and may the Gods continue to smile on Misano Blue Veloces (and every other Alfa for that matter) for many years to come.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine did it once when car was about a month old and hasn't done it since. I suspect this is because it is red and was based on an inferority-complex induced tantrum due to being the cheapskate paint job.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Were you two guys part of the June (stuck at the docks) intake?
Yep, that was one of mine- good memory!
Have to say, it's been immaculate thus far, absolutely spot on- so this is the 1st quibble I've got and it's only happened the once- but I'll be keeping an eye on it. Friendly mechanic said it's probably when the battery is pulling from loads of sources and not used to it- air con, heated seat, heated steering wheel, rear screen demist, lights etc etc.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yep - my info screen died yesterday. 150miles today and the odd flicker, but still nothing.

In for 27k service on Monday, so will report prior to drop off.

Will update when I know more...

·
Registered
638 Posts
All sorted - update didn’t fix, so new instrument display cluster replaced under warranty. MPG now goes from left to right - also looks a bit different, somehow - maybe more markers...

Software update also restored locking beeps - promptly removed, after signing disclaimer!

All good, fully serviced and new front discs/pads.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts