Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've decided to replace a few parts on the old girl, but I'm in a bit of confusion by the track rod ends.

At Alfa workshop there are different TRW ones for the CF3 and CF4 engines, but the original ALFA part is the same?

Alfa Romeo GT Track Rod End

At AutoLusso, they don't state the make, but its just the one part and doesn't state which engine it's for?

I would prefer to get the TRW ones but I have no idea if I have the CF3 or CF4 engine, and I don't know why they would have a different track rod end based on the engine, surly if they changed the design, it would be based on the year they changed it wouldn't it?

Cheers In advance.

Vik
Ps I have a 55 plate

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Hi All,

I've decided to replace a few parts on the old girl, but I'm in a bit of confusion by the track rod ends.

At Alfa workshop there are different TRW ones for the CF3 and CF4 engines, but the original ALFA part is the same?

Alfa Romeo GT Track Rod End

At AutoLusso, they don't state the make, but its just the one part and doesn't state which engine it's for?

I would prefer to get the TRW ones but I have no idea if I have the CF3 or CF4 engine, and I don't know why they would have a different track rod end based on the engine, surly if they changed the design, it would be based on the year they changed it wouldn't it?

Cheers In advance.

Vik
Ps I have a 55 plate

Ask Alfaworkshop .. they must have replaced a few ..

And yours is probably CF3 ... I think!

·
Vendor
46,721 Posts
I seem to remember the steering racks changing halfway through the GT's production life, so maybe the change came in with the CF4 engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts