Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to fit a towbar to my 156 and wondered if the facelift model (that I have) needs a different bar to the earlier model. Most companies quote the same bar for a saloon from 98 until 2005, but Bosal list different bars for pre and post facelift?

K

·
0 Posts
depends which make you buy.
i had to buy a new one for my facelift, a shame as i had a nice detachable one available.

difference is the rear bumper. that makes the difference on fitting between different styles/brands

fitting to the car is the same for all models, SW & saloon. on all years :thumbs:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
....and this is my worry - I've found a Bosal that's a good price but its pre facelift and my car is a face lift model. I guess its not worth risking it for £50.

K

·
0 Posts
....and this is my worry - I've found a Bosal that's a good price but its pre facelift and my car is a face lift model. I guess its not worth risking it for £50.
according to this, bosal don't make a true detachable bar for the pre-facelift cars...

only the swan kneck type. some of which you can detach with the couple of mounting bolts.

swan kneck type is the same part number for all years too so if it's that type you should be ok :thumbs:

mine is a fixed flange type which i guess makes the difference as to where the bumper sits

Alfa Romeo tow bar 156

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah swan neck with key and turn to release just leaves small square below bumper which is quite unobtrusive.... Also although bosal will say it doesn't their wire kit actually fits facelift with zero issues :)

Cheapest I found for wires was a portugeause site ricambio or something like that... I contacted them and they said just order as normal and was delivered in 48hrs ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts