Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just ordered a 1.4 MA Veloce today after a test drive this weekend - absolutely amazing car and it's going to be a long 12 weeks!!

Just have a quick question that I wonder if anyone can help with - I noticed on the accesory page that there are 2 different stereo fascias - can anyone tell me what the difference is? Is one of them for the Bose upgrade?

Have attached an image of the brochure so you can see what I mean.

Any light that can be shed appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Firstly, Congrats on the order and welcome to the club!!

the MA Veloce is very nice ;) get any nice toys (options)

To answer your question, the bottom one is if you get the radiovav (built in sat nav) top is stock, the BOSE and stock will look the same from the front :)

Regards,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah brilliant, thanks for clearing that up! And thanks for the welcome :)

Have gone for black and added:
- 18" turbine alloys
- red uprated brake calipers
- rear parking sensors
- tinted windows
- heated seats

Haven't gone for the tom tom bracket as I have a Garmin sat nav but from reading on here sounds like it might be worth switching to a tom tom and adding the bracket? Should be able to do it tomorrow if necessary as Allams won't be processing the order until then.

Equally anything else I've missed that are 'must haves'?

Literally can't wait - was so impressed by the drive today.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ah brilliant, thanks for clearing that up! And thanks for the welcome :)

Have gone for black and added:
- 18" turbine alloys
- red uprated brake calipers
- rear parking sensors
- tinted windows
- heated seats

Haven't gone for the tom tom bracket as I have a Garmin sat nav but from reading on here sounds like it might be worth switching to a tom tom and adding the bracket? Should be able to do it tomorrow if necessary as Allams won't be processing the order until then.

Equally anything else I've missed that are 'must haves'?

Literally can't wait - was so impressed by the drive today.
No probs!!

did you go TCT or manual???

Nice spec, mine is also solid black, in veloce with BOSE, i regret not getting the brakes (was under th eimpression they were just painted red!) The Tom Tom port, is a very good idea, but the cost of the unit is about £300+, i presonally rarly use a sat nav, so just plug it in, leave it on the seat and off i go! If you are a regular user, is may be worth while :)

Maybe add the vis pack? or xenons? but the stock lights are very good!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have gone for manual - I've read good reviews of the TCT but for me it's got to be manual!

Do use the sat nav a bit on long journeys but not sure I want to spend £300 for a new one when I have a perfectly good one - saw a thread where someone had added another power socket in the dash - might have a look into that.

Thought about the xenons but they're a bit pricey and if the stock lights are good then think I'll be alright. The missus vetoed the vis pack as she thinks it's just a gimmick - and to be honest I agree really.

Would love the Bose too but was impressed with the stock stereo on the drive.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Do use the sat nav a bit on long journeys but not sure I want to spend £300 for a new one when I have a perfectly good one - saw a thread where someone had added another power socket in the dash - might have a look into that.
Welcome to AO and congrats on your excellent choice of horseless carriage, :thumbs:.

We had a concealed cable fitted by the dealer for our TomTom - here are the links : http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/246580-sat-nav-attachment-2.html#post4106532 & http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/246580-sat-nav-attachment-2.html#post4107997

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to AO and congrats on your excellent choice of horseless carriage, :thumbs:.

We had a concealed cable fitted by the dealer for our TomTom - here are the links : http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/246580-sat-nav-attachment-2.html#post4106532 & http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/246580-sat-nav-attachment-2.html#post4107997
Great, thanks! I'll have a chat with the dealer down here and see if they can do the same.

Haven't been given a delivery date yet, just 'late April'. Is it always 12 weeks or is it sometimes less (or more! :/ )

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I claim the furthest North & shortest Delivery. 8 weeks :D
8C Red,

Were you quoted 8 weeks when you placed your order or did you get a call saying it was ready after 8 weeks?

Seems to me that it will most likely be 12 weeks but wondering if there is any small chance of having it sooner!

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
8C Red,

Were you quoted 8 weeks when you placed your order or did you get a call saying it was ready after 8 weeks?

Seems to me that it will most likely be 12 weeks but wondering if there is any small chance of having it sooner!
I was quoted 8 - 12 weeks on order. I thinks it just depends on your luck when the order is placed, when the build is complete & when a boat is ready to leave. I guess I struck lucky on all counts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts