Tags
147 alloys
1K views 13 replies 1 participant last post by  G-147 
G
#1 ·
See less See more
G
#6 ·
Dave, how come you'r moving down from 17's? Aren't you pleased with their performance? Have you lowered the car, or done anything else to the suspension, or is it standard? Is it because of all the bumpy roads?

All questions for you today Dave!

G
#7 ·
A design engineer was interviewed in Evo mag and he stated that the car was set up for 16s.I can't put my finger on it but the springs don't seem able to really bring the best out of the 17s.I don't know enough techy stuff to explain it!

I'm having the car fitted with the 40mm lower uprated springs from Autodelta and i am trying to buy a 16" set for track days (as much to choose tyres as wheel size)

the car is defo a bit edgy on bumpy roads,which strengthens my opinion that 16s will suit the car more.After all,its a smallish car with 150bhp,215/45s just seem overkill.

I got 'em cus they really suit the car,not because of how they drive.Hence the need for a second set.

G
#9 ·
Hehe, G... Tarox have some silver colored calipers that look quite nice too... Yup, the Superleggera aren't too bad either, but I really like the 'rally' look of those superturismos. They actually have them in white too!

G
#11 ·
hm.... i'm leaning more towards the superleggera now too, after having the piccy as background on my desktop for some days...

the superleggeras weigh 7kg for the 17" ones. isn't that pretty lightweight? they're all damn expensive of course, but it gots to be italian wheels!

G
#13 ·
hehe, good one g. i think white wheels are reserved for more proper rally cars like the grale... it's going to be fire black, with oz superleggera, it seems... should be v nice! 8 days to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.