Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from different wheels and trim, are there any technical differences between Ph1 and Ph2 2.0s? I'm looking at a ph1 that's had all the jobs done but it's at ph 2 money. Any thoughts please?

K

·
0 Posts
Ph1 was subject to lower emissions regs and so is listed as having an extra 5bhp (155 compared to 150). In actuality there may well be Ph2s about that produce more power than some Ph1s and vice versa.

I prefer the grill on the Ph2 :).. but apart from than just go on condition and likely cost of required work!

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Ph 1 Twinnies have CF1 alloy top engines, Ph 2 have later version plastic top

Alfa CF1/2/3 Engine Identification

Ph 2 have colour coded bumpers and sills, chrome heart grill, climate control, updared interior, slightly more luggage space (slightly!) I think the windows drop when unlocked but not 100% sure.

I have a Ph 1 and love it but I wouldn't buy a Ph 1 over a Ph 2 if I had Ph 2 money.

·
Registered
172 Posts
must say I thought the hp output was the other way round....ph 1 with 150..and the phase 2 having variable inlet geometry gave it the extra 5 hp?

·
Registered
30,246 Posts
ph1 2.0TS have 150bhp
ph2 2.0TS have 155bhp until Sept 2000, then they dropped to 150bhp with the change to later emissions specs.

K

·
0 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I know my late model Ph2 is 150 and the previous engine was 155 - I didn't realise there was yet an earlier edition of the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts