Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, does anyone know the differences between the 07 and 08 plate brera’s ive heard that the 08 plate are more reliable than the earlier ones; is this true – or is the fact they are more reliable because they are newer! Is it all 08 models or 58 models only?

Also ive read that the 08 models have a electronic slip diff, and that the 3.2 is not front wheel drive

Are there any trim changes?

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
The 3.2 is four wheel drive and has been since the original launch, except for the Brera S, which is front wheel drive.

I have heard that late 07 2.4 diesels are more reliable than early 08's because mods that they brought in for the 200bhp diesel turned out not to be as suitable for the 210bhp car and had to be further refined.

The easy way to tell if a Brera is an 07 or 08 is to look at the seats. Early cars had the AR logo stitched into the headrest, 08 cars dont and have a metal plate that says "Brera" instead. The seats are alo a different shape.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The 3.2 is four wheel drive and has been since the original launch, except for the Brera S, which is front wheel drive.
That's not right - the 2wd 3.2 (Brera, Spider, and 159) was introduced with the '08 facelift.

So you can get a 'normal' 3.2 Brera in 2wd or 4wd, or an 'S' in 2wd-only.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Main differences (mostly cosmetic) I recall are:-

1. The new seats more sculptured and with the little "brera" plaq,

2. The paddle shifters on the Qtronic are standard and not a cost option.

3. Colour changes, the Montecarlo Blue was replaced by Misano Blue, along with the interior colour change from blue & tabacco to Natural (tan) leather

4. The 2.4JTD was available in 2wd with the Qtronic gearbox

5. Boot badge is the opening mechanism - no interior boot button

6. The skyview is now standard BUT :mad: the electric headlining is now a £500 cost option (got you by the short & curlies)

7. Dark (almost black) aluminium dash surround replaced the shiny silver one

Think thats it, as for reliability I cant comment, i've had mine almost a year without any mechanical issues whatsoever :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
The petrol 08s are no more reliable than the 07s (we have one of each), but some of the earliest 06 models had niggles to be sorted.

You'd expect most of those niggles to be fixed by now but there's always a couple of lemons in any manufacturing batch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts