Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just bought a 2 litre t spark 156 on an x plate, it needs an engine, can i make any 2 litre t spark engine fit as in out of a different model car, i know my gtv has a 146 engine so im sure u can?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yes you can. The 2.0 im the 147 156 gtv etc are the same. The only difference you will fine is manifolds will be different. So make sure you keep yours.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Yes you can. The 2.0 is the 147 156 gtv etc are the same. The only difference you will fine is manifolds will be different. So make sure you keep yours.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another thought, will a 2 litre t spark selespeed engine be the same from a 156 with tiptronic gear box, i think the difference with an auto would be swap the fly wheels over for the manual box?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just looked at the car, and it is a flyby wire one, as its a 2001, what now can i not just swap it all over on to another engine?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i dont need to have the new style engine, and will it be alright to buy a car thats tiptronic to swap over to manual

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I put a cf2 2.0ts engine in to my cf3 2.0ts sellespeed and had no problems as it is the same engine. The only differences are the exhaust system and obviously the gearbox. So if it is just the engine you need you will have no problems. So keep your old exhaust etc and you will be fine.

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
There are internal differences between CF2 & CF3 engines, but nothing that causes an issue swapping them over.
Just swap any different external bits as already mentioned.
Yes you can use the engine from a Selespeed.

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
another thought, will a 2 litre t spark selespeed engine be the same from a 156 with tiptronic gear box, i think the difference with an auto would be swap the fly wheels over for the manual box?
Selespeed is not an automatic.
So it has a std flywheel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the info, just dont want to get stuck buying the wrong engine and wasting my money, hopefully ill find one soon, im trying to find a whole car as a scrapper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts