Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm busy with restoration of my 1969 GTV1750 Mk1 and need some advice on the colour codes. Alfa Italy confirmed the original colour of my car to be Ochre Yellow. When I look at colour codes for this I seem to find two - AR109 and AR110. From some other posts on Alfa Owner it seems that AR109 is slightly brighter than AR110.

Would any gurus out there be able to shed some light on the subject for me please?

Thank you.

D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi all,

I'm busy with restoration of my 1969 GTV1750 Mk1 and need some advice on the colour codes. Alfa Italy confirmed the original colour of my car to be Ochre Yellow. When I look at colour codes for this I seem to find two - AR109 and AR110. From some other posts on Alfa Owner it seems that AR109 is slightly brighter than AR110.

Would any gurus out there be able to shed some light on the subject for me please?

Thank you.

D
There is a paint code thread (with swatches and codes - though for the 1972 AR's) on the AlfaBB forum that I am sure will be helpful - 1972 Alfa Romeo Color Chart -- Reference Materials - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums. Dig around there and you are sure to find your answer regarding the choice between 109 and 110

Gallio Ocra AR 109 is indeed very mustard - https://1750gtveloce.com/tag/alfa-romeo-color-code/

There were an astounding number of yellow colour versions including; AR 119 Gallio Protipo, AR 116 Gallio Piper and AR 117 Gallio Zagato. The Gallio Ocra is seemingly the flat version of the 145's Zoe Yellow!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a paint code thread (with swatches and codes - though for the 1972 AR's) on the AlfaBB forum that I am sure will be helpful - 1972 Alfa Romeo Color Chart -- Reference Materials - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums. Dig around there and you are sure to find your answer regarding the choice between 109 and 110

Gallio Ocra AR 109 is indeed very mustard - https://1750gtveloce.com/tag/alfa-romeo-color-code/

There were an astounding number of yellow colour versions including; AR 119 Gallio Protipo, AR 116 Gallio Piper and AR 117 Gallio Zagato. The Gallio Ocra is seemingly the flat version of the 145's Zoe Yellow!
Hi Junior,

Thank you for the advice and for sharing the links. I had a look and actually stumbled upon the same sites while browsing around earlier today. Seems tough to find any examples of AR110 painted cars. I spoke to a clued up guy from Natal today and he assured me that AR109 is what I should work with.

Once again, thanks for your inputs.

Cheers

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts