Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of intrest and because i have the 2.0 TS camlocks butt now i have a JTS.
Is there a difference in the camlock tools for a 2.0TS and a 2.0 JTS.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
They are a different specification to the 2.0 TS cam's so that is qhy they require slightly different cam blocks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am curious to know the real difference between the 2.0 Twin Spark and 2.0 JTS cam lock tools. Can someone post a picture with both together ? I know a few mechanics who use TS locks on JTS engines.
Alfa JTS P/N 1870859000.
Alfa TS P/N 1825041000.
I know the part numbers are different but I want physical proof.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Valve lift is circa ~1mm higher on both Jts cams, if compared with CF2/CF3 1.8/2.0 TS. duration is also higher.

Even if they were the same cams, I'm sure it would need a different timing setup, due to DI.

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
To me the one on right is different shape on right hand side of it. Hard to tell going by a grainy picture but they definitely look slightly different

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you download to your computer and compare they are the same. I would like to see the originals side by side.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Only way to tell is to get hold of both and compare them.
My thinking is there must be some difference as Alfa wouldn’t waste the money getting different locks machined if the cam profiles etc were the same between ts and jts. There would be no need,likewise dealers wouldn’t have both sets if they didn’t need to.

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,657 Posts
Another site shows two different cams lock sets, as said no need if they were not required.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered the original alfa JTS Cam Locks and we will see... I will keep all posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts