Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any significant difference - or just technobabble to extract more pennies from the sheeple?:tut:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I personally don't notice any difference ... although I do between petrol and premium petrol ... I think it varies on a car to car basis ..

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Not tried the diesel, but the super petrol really made a difference to my old V6.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Between diesel and Optima diesel I did, there was 50 miles more in the tank for the optima, this is not an observation but from Lossie to Lincoln this year in an LDV (gawd help us all) I got further on 2 tanks than I did the previous year.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Significant reduction in smoke and a smoother idle with Shell Optimax diesel in mine. A lasting benefit too, stays good for a few tanks of normal fuel. No economy benefit though.
I did get good economy on a tank of Total Excellium but that could have been the long trip I did on it.
Both worth it for, say, one tank in five if available at a reasonable price I reckon.
Cheers,
Simon

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have found my GT 1.9 JTDm noticeably smoother on Shell V power diesel. Nothing noticeable on BP Optimax. Normally put the expensive stuff in every second tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts