Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its used exclusively for fuel saving with no BHP increase . Finding that a lot of companies will not insure me when doing online quotes (quote my happy & aviva to name 2) Nearly 70% companies don't quote on go-compare ....I have just got my renewal from Admiral (including tuner) ...GT & my wife's 54 plate punto £650.00 .....think I can do better ! I'm 51 and my wife is 49 .....Should I remove tuner or not declare given its permanent setting ....:confused:

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Its used exclusively for fuel saving with no BHP increase . Finding that a lot of companies will not insure me when doing online quotes (quote my happy & aviva to name 2) Nearly 70% companies don't quote on go-compare ....I have just got my renewal from Admiral (including tuner) ...GT & my wife's 54 plate punto £650.00 .....think I can do better ! I'm 51 and my wife is 49 .....Should I remove tuner or not declare given its permanent setting ....:confused:
Hi,
Feel free to give us a try if you like. If you wanted to PM me your details I,d be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back. Remember club members can receive a discount of up to 15%.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Contact GREENLIGHT , they are very happy to insure tuned and modded cars . My 159 2.4 ti is remapped EGR/DPF modded and they charged me £368-50 for 10,000 miles max , towing as well plus an offer of £85/ins for a trackday if I choose to track it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi
I have a 2012 159ti 2.0ltr JTDM, started off with insurance from Privilege, as soon as I fitted a tuning box they wouldn't touch me, I then found LV insurance, fantastic, not only were they happy with the chip box being fitted they only charged me £25.00 excess for the benefit, I'm paying about £320 fully comp on business insurance, 30,000 miles per year which for a car with now over 200bhp is with every penny.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Out of interest, If you took your car on a rolling road and found it not to be at the same BHP as the manufacturer states (for example the results shows your car at 195 bhp, should be 210) would having the car chipped to getting the claimed BHP be considered as am increase in power / modded vehicle Insurance wise?

The one thing that has always put me off modifying my car (exhaust / air filter etc) is the insurance hike even though I don't think it would go over the 260bhp claim!

Nice suggestions there :thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts