Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone clear up the torque figures for the diesels ? I know that the figures for the autos are higher in the case of the 180 version, versus the manual, so as we are auto only lets stick to that to avoid confusion. Various sources claim different figures for the 150, quoting 375, 380, 400 and 450 nm. Most quote 450 nm for the 180, but found one quoting 400. My dealer says 375 and 450 respectively. Alfa Romeo tech info on its UK and Irish site say its 450 nm for both. So who is right ? I'm placing an order tomorrow, and the dealer has pointed out, having spent time in both, that the 150 is smoother and quieter. He feels I'd be mad to spend €1850 more for the 180. But he is of the opinion that there is a 75 nm difference in torque. If he's right, then thats a lot of torque to give up for the sake of €1860. Confused yet ? Join the club. Now add in a second quicker to 60 for the 180, same fuel figures and, well, you can see the problem. What to do ? Smilie scratching head in confused manner goes here.......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Hugh,

Honestly as far as I know, both 150 and 180 versions with the ZF gearbox have 450Nm torque, and both 150 and 180 with the manual box have 380Nm torque.

I'll dig further into this as you've made me curious.
Andy

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a very comprehensive price list jwq, lots of info there we don't get here, or in the UK. You guys would appear to have a very good distributor. Anyway, despite torque figures being apparently identical for 150/180, I think I'll have to spend the extra money. 1 sec off 0-60 (I know, not really relevant in the real world) would just leave me feeling, every time I'd drive it, that I might have made a mistake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats a very comprehensive price list jwq, lots of info there we don't get here, or in the UK. You guys would appear to have a very good distributor. Anyway, despite torque figures being apparently identical for 150/180, I think I'll have to spend the extra money. 1 sec off 0-60 (I know, not really relevant in the real world) would just leave me feeling, every time I'd drive it, that I might have made a mistake.
I think I know what you mean Hugh, I went for the 180 for the same reason, plus the dual exhaust :D To be honest I haven't driven the 150, wasn't even interested just ignored it straight off the bat. What sort of waiting time you looking at if you're ordering soon?

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, glad you mentioned dual exhaust Andy, didn't know that. That seals the deal then. 180 it has to be. Quoting me 10 weeks Andy, doubt that will happen though. Blue super sport, similar to uk speciale, 5 hole alloys, sunroof, yellow calipers, tan leather.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ah, glad you mentioned dual exhaust Andy, didn't know that. That seals the deal then. 180 it has to be. Quoting me 10 weeks Andy, doubt that will happen though. Blue super sport, similar to uk speciale, 5 hole alloys, sunroof, yellow calipers, tan leather.
10 weeks is actually not bad at all, considering mine's been ordered early November so about 9-10 weeks for my preorder. I had the feeling that they're quoting longer waiting times now than when we preordered. Mind you when I preordered it they did tell me I'll get it end of March, so that was 16 weeks or something.
The specs sound lovely, let us know if we can help with any other questions you may have!

Andy

·
Registered
92 Posts
10 weeks is actually not bad at all, considering mine's been ordered early November so about 9-10 weeks for my preorder. I had the feeling that they're quoting longer waiting times now than when we preordered. Mind you when I preordered it they did tell me I'll get it end of March, so that was 16 weeks or something.
The specs sound lovely, let us know if we can help with any other questions you may have!

Andy
Hugh,
Did you see the tan before ordering? The beige is nice but at 3500 quid they're having a laugh. I'm worried the tan is a dull brown and wont go with the blue. Blue or Monza red would be my choice but have no idea what the red looks like and it only comes with black interior which i think is too dark.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andrew,

I haven't seen the tan in the flesh, but I found the black too dark, and going purely on the configurator, found the tan much more to my/our liking. Lightens the interior considerably. Somebody has posted pics of the monza red here, its a dark red, think full bodied red wine, almost purple like. Its a bit like the dark red you see on many Toyota Avensis. Not to my liking. My car was supposedly on the production line this week so unfortunately not in a position to show it to you. Yet.

Hugh.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,161 Posts
The beige is nearer cream IMO, its what I have, does make for a very light/bright cabin. there are some photos in this lounge.

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pic of tan interior with Montecarlo blue....best classic combo
Nice one GatoGT, I searched but could not find a pic anywhere. It is a nice compromise between the darkness of the black and the difficult-to-keep-clean beige/cream.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
according to Squadra tuning, the 180, and 150 (and 136) bhp diesels are exactly the same hardware wise, and after a remap they all have the same output (around 240 bhp)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice one GatoGT, I searched but could not find a pic anywhere. It is a nice compromise between the darkness of the black and the difficult-to-keep-clean beige/cream.
Thanks GatoGT and apologies to everyone for hijacking the Torque question thread. I had looked up Autotrader ads and saw a huge variation in photo colours and hues but that looks good.
I hate to think what 240bhp and any associated torque increase (if any) would do to my tyres (and license)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts