Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just popped upto the shops, coming home there was quite a strong smell of diesel smoke inside the car. I havent put any diesel in since Monday so I know its nothing I brushed against, wondering if theres something going on with the exhaust or is it coming through the air vents??
Anyone had anything similar:confused:

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
529 Posts
Several months ago, whilst my girlfriend reversed my car into the drive, she noticed smoke coming in through the air vents and when she got out there was lots of smoke coming from beneath the car, so much so, she thought there was a fire in the engine bay.

The dealer collected my car to check it over but could find nothing so I can only assume this was a regen cycle although I have never actually witnessed another regen in my car and I am now at 7k miles.

The smell I had in my cabin is the same smokey diesel smell as you would smell if you started your car in a garage or indoor car park. Not sure if this is the same sort of smell you have but thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers regen, I hope its just a one off, havent been out in it since earlier. It was an outside car park where I parked the car. I'l keep an eye out tomorrow when I go out in it again.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts