Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the result isnt as black and white as i had hoped, but looks like injector 5 is returning notably more fuel than the other 4... any thoughts? had hoped this simple test would save me the cost of getting them all bench tested at a Bosch garage...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
And how exactly did you test the flow without the Bosch test bench?
This is a very big difference. If you look at the injectors 3 and 5, 5 is flows 30% more... that is a lot. I doubt there can be as much difference between injectors. If there is, you should see very big fuel correction numbers in you ECU for #3 and #5...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit just measures the return flow from each injector, on the low pressure side... i know its not advanced, but dont have the cash to hand it over to Bosch right now. (£25 per injector + labour etc)

The instructions state up tp 10% variance is normal, any more than could indicate a problem. maybe i should remove just 3 and 5 and get those tested.

(I actually read the instructions very thoroughly after missing the step that said "block of the return fuel feed" you would be surprised how much diesel can come out a small pipe in a few seconds :D )

Can you monitor fuel correction within alfadiag?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im planning on doing the test again on a totally cold start on sunday, as thats when its seems to struggle most, hopefully the results we be more varied then

1 - 4 of 4 Posts