Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After reading some threads regarding difficult startin, loud idle and poor mpgthat seem to be realated to Injectors. I used FiatECUscan to get the values.

On start up the values where
Cyl 1: -2.3
Cyl 2: 4.3
Cyl 3: 1.3
Cyl 4: -3.6

The car sounds like a tractor at this point...

Aftre a few minutes the average readings are:
Cyl 1 Cyl 2 Cyl 3 Cyl 4
-1.941856287 3.231736527 1.413053892 -2.701856287

To me these reading seem a bit odd and it looks like at least 1 injector is not working properly.

Can any on help and point to a place where I can some info on what these readings mean.

Thanks

Frank

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Hi Frank, is the fuel gage behaving oddly?

Ned

Hi,

After reading some threads regarding difficult startin, loud idle and poor mpgthat seem to be realated to Injectors. I used FiatECUscan to get the values.

On start up the values where
Cyl 1: -2.3
Cyl 2: 4.3
Cyl 3: 1.3
Cyl 4: -3.6

The car sounds like a tractor at this point...

Aftre a few minutes the average readings are:
Cyl 1 Cyl 2 Cyl 3 Cyl 4
-1.941856287 3.231736527 1.413053892 -2.701856287

To me these reading seem a bit odd and it looks like at least 1 injector is not working properly.

Can any on help and point to a place where I can some info on what these readings mean.

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same issue. It may not be related to bad injectors. Mine is linked to a worn inlet manifold. i have 3 correction value very close and one way off. The cylinder thats off is also leaking boost from the tumble flat shaft. If i rev the engine I can hear a hissing noise.

I recon when thats fixed it'll be sweet again.

Dont worry yourself too much. Why not graph the correction values when driving at a steady speed on flat roads, if its ok then it's obviously ok when driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
big thanks to Ned and the guys over at Autolusso for looking at and sorting the car out so quickly.

We found that the diesel filter was over 4 years old according to the date stamp!!

Runs and sounds a lot better.

Cheers

Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts