Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first post I have made so I hope I am doing it correctly.

I have been running a scan using Multiecuscan 2.9 (registered) on my Alfa Mito 1.3jtdm2 which has a problem (hesitation/surging on light throttle when warmed up). All seems well with the scan except for missing readings for Main and After injections, not even zero readings.

Could it really be running on the pilot and pre injections only and causing the problem I am having? Could I be doing something wrong or could this be a problem with Multiecuscan connecting to my car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LucaBella

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am an owner of a mito 1.6 jdtm with 150.000 km
At last 1500 km i have a hesitation between 1800-2200 rmp on very light throttle.
Hesitation appears and dissapears i dont have it always.
Also at the same period i noticed one blowing noise ,when i am accelarating quickly, from the right side of the engine.Noise is like having the window of co passenger a little open.
Noise also doesnt appear continiously.Sometimes i have it and sometimes not.
I notice often smoke coming out of the exhaust while driving,and when i see smoke ,i drive to high rpms ,and the smoke doesnt appear again for some days
Also i have some smoke whe the car is cold at the morning.
Today i went to my service technician but he wasnt available so i arrange a check for this problem and also an oil change on monday.On my way home i put dna on d i accelarate third third up to 4000rpm and suddenly i had engine light yellow and the message that d and a of dna are not available.
I stopped the car and i will go for check on monday
The car is used i have it only for 15.000km
I have full service history and invoices for last 60.000 kms and i have noticed that diesel fuel filter has not been changed.
Also at the last car check technician told me that DPF cannot go under 45% filled after regenaration.
Car is acdcelerating very good and hesitation problem never apperas whine accelerating with heavy throttle.

I am not an expert but i suspect the following.
1.Some sensor problem
2.diesel fuel filter needs to be changed
3.Problem with turbo(maybe air inside of some damaged pipe etc)
4.Dpf must be cleaned/replaced or to get rid of it with some remapping

I will inform on monday after checking with technician.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my Volvo S40 I had the same hesitation, it gave no error codes but it was the DPF. Once that was changed no more hesitation

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An update from my first post. I used Multiecuscan to reset the ECU and this has vastly improved the hesitation, it's still there but now very slight.

The problem with the missing injector readings is still there, I posted a query on the Multiecuscan forum but have not had any response as yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts