Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I have a 99 156 2.5 with a decat and was wondering what kind of sound to expect if I put a 2.4 diesel centre section on also got told about the back box making a better sound too.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I did this & TBH it didn't make a great deal of difference, it does sound 'raspier' though which is no bad thing, I guess it depends on the back box...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have standard back box at the mo the decat does give off a rapier sound mid way through the rev range. In your opinion is it really worth changing or just change the backbox?

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Ideally, I'd like to try a coupla different configurations in conjunction with a rolling road session, but time & money etc prevent.

The centre section worked out cheap enough for me to take the gamble & am gonna keep it that way :thumbs:

Assuming your back box is still in decent nick (as mine is), mebee just do the same?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi there I have a 99 156 2.5 with a decat and was wondering what kind of sound to expect if I put a 2.4 diesel centre section on also got told about the back box making a better sound too.

Cheers Dan.
put a remus on back anything else will be toooooo loud and eerie

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you got a decat too if so did it make the centre section sound better is there any deeper sound with the stock backbox. my backbox is about a year old so in good nick mine sounds nice now just might give it a go is there a certain model I need to get or are they all the same?

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dave did you once put the backbox off a diesel on yours if so what was the sound like was it nice and deep ?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Have you got a decat too if so did it make the centre section sound better is there any deeper sound with the stock backbox. my backbox is about a year old so in good nick mine sounds nice now just might give it a go is there a certain model I need to get or are they all the same?

Cheers Dan.
my first v6 same as yours had diesel 2.4 centre and remus back box and was tad quite but quality and no wasnt decatted .but i reckon it will be just right accoustically .from cars ive heard with other makes of back box pitch and resonance be too loud full stop:wow:

my newer v6 had 4 cats on it(cf3) and i put deisel back box on that and removed remus and i couldnt believe engine note off that ..it was a shame i didnt video it :mad:but mr insurance took it away grr

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So just putting diesel backbox should give it a nice note but might be a tad loud if I got the centre section on aswell especially as I have deleted the only cat on the car lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts