Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Diecast 1/43 Alfa 159

771 19
I bought this from a dealer in around 2006 when the 159 was launched. So far I is the only 159 that I have owned, although I have come close on a couple of occasions to owning a full sized one.

Did anyone else manage to obtain one like this? They seem quite rare in the genuine Alfa box.

Attachments

Reactions: Negativvv
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Haven’t got one, but there are a couple on eBay:

Did they give it to you hoping it might help persuade you to buy a full size one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
10,694 Posts
I like the one on the link....would like a red one like mine.....but £23.00 postage!!! Nope.....

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,685 Posts
Is that 1/18 scale cue?

I also have the James Bond 159 1/43 model. It was given to me as a present, but was originally one of many in the James Bond Collection - a monthly subscription magazine that came with a model from the film's. I think I have about 8 of them - all Aston and Lotus apart from the 159. Good quality and within a diorama.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,685 Posts
This is the James Bond 159 in 1/43 scale that I have (Google image).
It comes in its own display case:
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: symon

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,685 Posts
I still need to get one of these (1/43 scale). Apart from the wheels, it's as close as I'll get to my own car.
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Car

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,685 Posts
It does look very nice. Just can’t understand why they chose to replicate the poverty spec alloys!

Same with the white 1/43 Minichamps Spider - they've gone for 18" 5-holes rather than 19" 10-spokes. Such a shame.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Same with the white 1/43 Minichamps Spider - they've gone for 18" 5-holes rather than 19" 10-spokes. Such a shame.
At least they’re the 18s! It’s the same on the Minichamps Brera, but in fairness they were the biggest wheels you could get at the time. It’s just a shame they didn’t do a Prodrive version!

Actually it’s just occurred to me that they have a 159ti that does come with those 10 spoke alloys:

·
Registered
42,779 Posts
At least the wheels are in black so you can’t see the size or design easily.
I had an Ebay message “Will you take any lower for this please??” within an hour of putting it on.
Shortly afterwards a bid for starting price. 6 days 9 hours to go now.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo 159 1.8 TBi
10 Posts
I bought this from a dealer in around 2006 when the 159 was launched. So far I is the only 159 that I have owned, although I have come close on a couple of occasions to owning a full sized one.

Did anyone else manage to obtain one like this? They seem quite rare in the genuine Alfa box.
That's funny, I have your die-cast car but in real life. Same color and wheels.

I wished I could have had a Hot Wheels or Matchbox version of the 159 (the small ones, 1/64th scale I think?). Unfortunately they only have the Giulia.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts