Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Did you see any unexpected cars today?

277824 7080
Pootling about today in no great rush, I took a few diversions while en route to the places I was heading to. I saw:

An N reg Volvo 244. For AO's yoofs, this wasn't an N reg from 1995, but a N reg from the 1970s - wooooooo :lol: Piloted by a bloke older than Moses, it trundled along quite merrily. It was brown. In fact, everything on it was brown, from the vinyl roof, the shade of its faded bumpers, right to its wheels and the inners of the headlights. All brown. As it passed, it even smelled brown.

A Y reg (83?) Jag XJ-S, in The Saint white. It wasn't a minter, just nicely jaded through age and neglect. It looked really sharp parked between both a modern Peugeot Munter and Toyota Eyehurt II.

Finally, a seemingly mint Montego Estate in red. The eyes screamed 'no!!!', the mind said 'show tolerance, look, observe, learn, respect the past.'

Did you see any unexpected motors today?
Reactions: Graymalkin33
7041 - 7060 of 7081 Posts

· Registered
1,795 Posts
Didn't manage to get a pic as I was driving the o/h's Duster but I came upon a lush looking, sort of ruby red, Lancia Thema just outside Droitwich on the way to Worcester hospital about 90 minutes ago. From a distance at the rear I first thought it was a Vauxhall from the shape of the rear lights 🤫

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,043 ·
A black Giulia QV in Longwick. Sounded proper beefy Alfa Romeo when it passed me.😎

· Registered
1,679 Posts
A maroon Range Rover Sport .. early shape with little round exhausts.. .. nothing unexpected there you say.. well it was pretty unexpected as it came hurling through a long time red light at speed last night near the blossoms in Stockport on the main A6 in front of me, just, as i was turning left onto from St Mary's way direction.. It then did a number of wrong side of the road overtakes into traffic .. I watched it for about a mile until I lost site of it and turned off .. it must have been nicked, it went through a couple of cameras .. sadly in the wife's car so no dashcam yet.. how he missed me / the car in front is pure good luck.. c0ck..

· Registered
948 Spider LE
12,096 Posts
^^^ I initially read ''RR'' as Rolls Royce and was wracking my brain trying to remember a ''Sport'' model!

· Registered
948 Spider LE
12,096 Posts
Not the car, but a number plate: '1E', fixed to a common or garden Range Rover.

· Registered
2,518 Posts
I was driving at the time so no photo but I did a double take as I overtook one of these yesterday on a dual carriageway. I did smile to myself and think “rather you than me” as it bodded along slowly in the inside lane.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
948 Spider LE
12,096 Posts
Porsche 911 Targa, later 991 model, red, roof off. Icy cold afternoon but a cloudless blue sky. Near Goosnargh, Preston.
Haven't seen a Targa in a long time, nice to see a 911 that stands out from the rest of them - they're literally all over the place here.

Reactions: Nickhoughton567

· Administrator
50,039 Posts
Look at the state of those tyres. I hope it's only there for decorative purposes and isn't still being used!

· Registered
197 Posts
Look at the state of those tyres. I hope it's only there for decorative purposes and isn't still being used!
It was kind of thrown down in the public area of a beach bar. Kind of a talking point thing I think. He had some other ones but they were all much more conventional looking scooters. I'd never seen one with the front bit to put luggage on before.

7041 - 7060 of 7081 Posts