Alfa Romeo Forum banner
7021 - 7040 of 7081 Posts

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,022 ·
A white 159 in Lightwater with those nice multispoke alloys. 159 is one of the few cars that can pull off white. It looked lovely.

I think my Volvo got wind of me admiring it:

“Did you just look at that Alfa?”
“No”
“I can break down if you want. See how you like that.”

cars, eh :)

· Registered
4,926 Posts
Don't understand why people take old cars out in salty winter weather. Nice to see them but just not at this time of year. If people did the restoration work themselves, at best historic stuff would be April to October use only.

· Registered
948 Spider LE
12,096 Posts
This isn't something you see every day. I have spotted it a few times in the area, and managed to get a pic this morning. Just parked up in the back streets of Preston.
A 1971 S Class according to the MOT checker. And only 13,000 miles at it's last MOT a few years ago.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Window

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,027 ·
^^^ oh yes. :) Not sure that generation were officially called S Classes; the generation after was the first to be called that; this one is now generally called S Class, though. None of that matter because it is lovely :)

· Registered
948 Spider LE
12,096 Posts
^^^ oh yes. :) Not sure that generation were officially called S Classes; the generation after was the first to be called that; this one is now generally called S Class, though. None of that matter because it is lovely :)
I did wonder when Mr Mercedes would comment! ;)
Another site called it a '280 SE' with a 3.5 litre engine. I guess the Government site just lists whatever the MOT station reports.
Not sure about the 13k miles when last MOT'd in 2019. Seems hard to believe for a 50 year old car.
A lovely motor, and what a headturner.

· Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,030 ·
Another site called it a '280 SE' with a 3.5 litre engine. I guess the Government site just lists whatever the MOT station reports.
Not sure about the 13k miles when last MOT'd in 2019. Seems hard to believe for a 50 year old car.
Let me know when he comments ;-) agree. It is very gracious :)

Reactions: lussoman

· Registered
110 Posts
Probably 113k miles, cars in those days had a 5 digit odometer, My Stag shows 20k but I know it's 120k.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
2 old school, pre 1970, land-cruisers in Prestbury this afternoon... both looked pretty straight but not perfect..

· Registered
948 Spider LE
12,096 Posts
Is this in Plungy?
Pretty much - top end of Blundell Road close to the junction with Lytham Road.
I've also seen it parked up outside terraced houses closer to Blackpool Road.
Whoever owns it is a lucky beggar.

Reactions: stan laurel

· Registered
1,679 Posts
A very nice looking pastel green mini van.. early model with chrome bumpers type.. looked pretty standard and imaculate . Cheadle Hulme about 6:30pm today..

Reactions: Scudetto

· Administrator
50,039 Posts
A Mini Marcos yesterday just at the side of the road. I know the clue is in the name, and I have seen one before - but seeing it in an actual normal driving situation really accentuated how ridiculously tiny it was.

Reactions: Scudetto
7021 - 7040 of 7081 Posts