Alfa Romeo Forum banner
5281 - 5300 of 5349 Posts

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,654 Posts
^^^ that thing's an abomination in the looks department. Was the chief stylist an adolescent lad?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I love that GT2, the rivets on the extensions make it for me. Looks scary and probably is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Thursday afternoon, parked in the layby (where the copers hang out) northbound A19 just north of the A1 junction,
Not sure where you mean.
The A19 runs from Teesside past Thirsk to York and then Doncaster. Before the Doncaster By Pass was built the A19 met the A1 in the centre of Doncaster but not nowadays. The A19 terminates in Doncaster town centre while the A1(M) is 2 miles to the West on the A630.
If you are referring to the A1 junction49 at Dishford where the Teesside traffic turns off, that road is the A168 which after 8 miles meets the A19 at Thirsk.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure where you mean.
The A19 runs from Teesside past Thirsk to York and then Doncaster. Before the Doncaster By Pass was built the A19 met the A1 in the centre of Doncaster but not nowadays. The A19 terminates in Doncaster town centre while the A1(M) is 2 miles to the West on the A630.
If you are referring to the A1 junction49 at Dishford where the Teesside traffic turns off, that road is the A168 which after 8 miles meets the A19 at Thirsk.
That's the bit there. A168 bit.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
733 Posts
An F12 in pearlescent white (fantastic look for it - beats all the greys and blacks and not as extravagant as yellow and red and rare too) was reversing out of a drive. I was the only one on the road but I stopped to let him out. Dropped the windows expectantly in my boring electric car. He got the message. Fumbled a bit (must have been changing modes) then gave some beans - lovely noise. Hope that was not from cold start though.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I don’t doubt it had been ticking over for at least a few minutes on the drive/in the garage!

Mine today was not one but two white GR Yaris in short succession. I still want one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
How many left says there are ten of these still on the road.
My car has been to this garage for an MoT today so I got the back story. It's had one owner from new and was garaged all its life. It's been locked in the garage since the mid-90s. It's a 160j SSS which makes it a bit of a unicorn.

It has a new owner who plans a full resto. It's very frilly.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Now i know better than to post a new looking Rangerover sport on a 21 plate in the spotted section as there are literally hundreds of the things round here.... but i really wish i had been in my car with it's dashcam instead of in my daughters car today.... saw a light blue once high spec looking Rangerover sport near Poynton pool this morning on a trailer behind a new LR defender going down london road in opposite direction.. every visible panel on the drivers side was kicked / dented in, the glass roof was gone, no windows in it, the bonnet was bashedin as were headlights, grille, taillights and rear glass.. it looked a right mess, had to be a write off.. frm that damage it must have been vandalism.. but man it looked like some hate got vented.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,654 Posts
Two old 1980s saloons, both in white, both looked to be in great condition, both in the Preston area this afternoon and within 15 minutes of each other. Thought I was in a timewarp.
First was a mark 2 VW Jetta GTI, second looked to be a standard Ford Orion (don't think it was a Ghia, but all happened in a flash). No sign of a white MG Montego...

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
On my wander to the village bakery for my morning croissant I was passed by an Arial Atom! Can't think of I've seen one that close before was bigger than I thought it would be. Had a driver and passenger, thought they were single seaters ( maybe it's an option on the number of sears)

·
Registered
17,158 Posts
Been on an outing to Lytham today. Notables were an F100 and some sort of ancient Austin in Preston, and white Spider in Lytham. Lussoman?

Also there were lots of 80s motorbikes with tiny engines buzzing about. At least half of them appeared to be broken.

·
Registered
39,578 Posts
On my wander to the village bakery for my morning croissant I was passed by an Arial Atom! Can't think of I've seen one that close before was bigger than I thought it would be. Had a driver and passenger, thought they were single seaters ( maybe it's an option on the number of sears)
I know Niki Smart , the main designer of the Atom. It has an interesting story as he was part of the team that created it at college but the tutor “ran off with it “ to put it into production and Niki was compensated . He went to the US and worked for Cadillac Design until recently when they explained he was” subject to a manpower reduction program“ or words to that effect. Nice chap who does some great work.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
^ The greatest achievement of my working career was being made redundant twice. First time I was given eighteen months salary, which had to last me the weekend as I had another job to go to. Second time I was thinking, maybe I'll retire anyway, when I was given a year's pay to go away.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,660 Posts
I saw my first GR Yaris in the wild this lunchtime. A red one. It’s a great looking little thing with bags of presence

·
Registered
246 Posts
Late lunch in Alderley Edge today... place was awash with Fezzers, RR's. Porkers, McLaren's, Bentleys, Lambo's etc etc.. but around the village not at all unexpected.. The unexepcted car was a maroon Saab 99 Rally.. (late 70's shaped one) Looked in great condition and was fully badged and liveried.. was driven past it but it did look like a good tribute car.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
A yellow 981 Cayman GT4 and a couple of GR Yaris’ for good measure. I’m going to stop counting them as ‘unexpected’ now as they seem to be absolutely everywhere!

…Also saw a 205 GTI!

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
8,654 Posts
Been on an outing to Lytham today. Notables were an F100 and some sort of ancient Austin in Preston, and white Spider in Lytham. Lussoman?

Also there were lots of 80s motorbikes with tiny engines buzzing about. At least half of them appeared to be broken.
I was in Lytham yesterday but been back in Preston all day today. I can hardly believe that - it's not like there's loads of white Spiders about!

Lytham's usually good for car spotting. It's rare not to see something high-end.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,300 ·
Yesterday, I saw a white Duetto on the road, plus a Herald Convertible (did they put a V8 in them? The front looked a bit more angry than normal). The Herald was travelling toward me as I had a red TR6 behind me. As they approached each other, I can confirm that Triumph drivers have the Triumph Driver’s wave, too (y)

5281 - 5300 of 5349 Posts