Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4721 - 4740 of 4836 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
It actually shares very little with the standard Yaris beyond the lights. I wouldn’t describe it as a pretty car by any means but it has a real look of purposefulness to it. Reminds me of the old 1M in that regard, another special car. You two have no taste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Drove a Land Rover Defender today as it was a loan car at work (long story), something I kinda always wanted to try despite hearing that they are utterly rubbish for the road.

My expectations were not wrong, it's slow, the switch gear are all over the place, the driving position is awful and there's no room for the driver despite the car being huge, I literally have funny hearing now after driving it for awhile as it's so noisy inside whilst on the move, dreadful brakes, utterly appalling gear shift and I could go on.

But I guess it was a car designed during my grandparent's youth so it's hardly fair to compare it something modern. Plus I believe they are pretty reliable and are a true off roader so rubbish on the road manners are to be forgiven.

Nice to tick it off the list however!

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,723 ·
Someone drove
Forgot to mention: an 'F' plate (1988) mark 2 VW Scirocco parked up on the road leading to Jeffrey Hill this afternoon.
Looked great, and miles better looking than the lardy mark 3 IMHO.
agree. They are still v sharp looking. Drive well, too.

Reactions: lussoman

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,724 ·
My 18 year-old nephew was going on about that Yaris. I couldn't stop laughing - it looks complete dross, and I'll always associate a Yaris with a pensioner :ROFLMAO:.
Maybe it's a generation thing...
I should probably know better by now... but I quite like them :)

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
To reiterate, regarding the Yaris, I was talking about the look of the thing not about ability.
One that fell out of the ugly tree!

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
Santa Claus has a lot of presents but you wouldn’t want to live with him. I prefer the Toyota/Lexus style of our IQ.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Feel I shouldn't say I saw another GR Yaris, in white today 😵

Best spots instead
Ferrari 308 (Magnum style!!) - red. On the A43
Lamborghini Countach - red. On the A43
Lamborghini Aventador Spider - metallic purple. By my house!!!
Aston Martin DB5 on the A33

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,734 ·
I think there’s probably enough room in this world for the very clever iQ and the very mental Yaris. It’s also refreshing to see Toyota create two cars at the opposite ends of the spectrum,

I saw a Honda CRZ today in white. Notable because it was in white and I think they look ace in white. Even more notable because it had the rare Mugen kit. I can’t say I like the kit tbh, but still a cool car.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,735 ·
Oh. I saw a red 4C, too. It was heading toward me, and my gosh they are wide! Maybe it’s width was exaggerated visually because the roof is so low, but it looked like it could eat up the whole road :)

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,737 ·
It sort of made me think of a wrong way around Testarossa :)

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,739 ·
From that view, is the 4C wider at the front than the rear? The top wheel arch (left) looks like it’s broader than the rear left. Could just be the angle of the pic :)

4721 - 4740 of 4836 Posts