Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 4467 Posts

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,402
I thought it had an e in it but ne'mind.

Baur is a German coachbuilder.
No stress, bro. I wasn’t too sure. Maybe just happy coincidence that the name of the coach builder sounded a bit like the function of the body it made :)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Pulled up at the local Shell garage and parked up in front of me was a Giulietta Spider. First time I’ve seen one on the road. Absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
A nice de bumpered red MIdget and a tatty looking white Porsche 924 with it’s pop up lights looking stuck up (it was midday and nice and sunny)

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
116 Posts
A mk2 transit minibus at screwfix in Aintree.
c reg. Looked like hand painted maroon, but still ace.
Reminded me of the hire minibuses we used to go to Wembley in watching the rugby when I was a kid.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Spotted a red E-type coupe on the motorway today, and one of those new citroen vans with the HY-look body conversion (second time spotting that specific van even)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Just seen a white Triumph Spitfire in Ferring, with the roof down o_O

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
To reply to @Scudetto post no.1, I'm sure the first batch of 200 Volvos were RHD which shows how important the British market was then. I cannot remember if the 200s had the curious mix of Imperial and metric sized fasteners that I think could be found on 140 & 160 series cars but it may have just affected that initial batch.

Funny how at the time Volvo obtained many parts from Britain on the grounds of quality when most British cars were anything but.

How ironic that with Britain being an important market, I'm sure it took years after that before the RHD cars had RHD wiper positioning which the 100 series cars never had.

I guess that Alfa wasn't unique for having certain peculiarities. Who would have though the 105 Giulia's had the iconic 'clap hands' wipers designed on the grounds of cost?

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,799 Posts
Just seen a white Triumph Spitfire in Ferring, with the roof down o_O
There is a REALLY tatty brown one I see around near me....it has not even had a roof for years but the guy drives it every day...rain or shine,....the interior is pretty much rotted away and everything that's not rusty is mouldy...guy with a big grey Santa beard drives it in a big thick army coat and a woolly hat in winter....years ago I saw him getting the snow out of it before he could even get in to drive it......NUTTER!!! Looks a right state but it was taxed and tested when I checked (out of curiosity!) so it must be OK where it matters....or the tester just does not want to get in for fear of catching something!!!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There is a REALLY tatty brown one I see around near me....it has not even had a roof for years but the guy drives it every day...rain or shine,....the interior is pretty much rotted away and everything that's not rusty is mouldy...guy with a big grey Santa beard drives it in a big thick army coat and a woolly hat in winter....years ago I saw him getting the snow out of it before he could even get in to drive it......NUTTER!!! Looks a right state but it was taxed and tested when I checked (out of curiosity!) so it must be OK where it matters....or the tester just does not want to get in for fear of catching something!!!
I used to be quite friendly with a similar guy and a very similar sounding very tatty red TR2, very bright guy too, just looked like a tramp. He didn’t bother with having the soft top and drove it year round.

Very Brighton, the home of the Bohemian

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Got overtaken by a red-with-white-trim 2CV this afternoon on Stonygate Lane, Ribchester. Yes, really.
In my defence I was on my push bike going uphill and with the wind doing its best to push me back down the hill.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Spotted a maserati ghibli when taking the kids to school. It belongs to someone in their street, since ive seen it before, but seeing and hearing it in motion is another thing :)

Its a uni-colour grey, which suits it rather well imho

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
A black Land Rover on the outskirts of Goosnargh this afternoon. Ten-a-penny I know. But this one had the number plate '74 L'. The plate must be worth more than the tractor.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,799 Posts
One of those ugly Aston Martin SUV thingys....if you haven't seen one yet they are just as hideous in real life as in the press!
I'm convinced that all the high end prestige SUV makers all got together (so Rolls Royce, Lambo, Aston, Bentley, Mercedes-Maybach etc) and agreed to not only build SUVs but make them as ugly as possible to see how many gullible rich folk would buy them anyway.....and then laugh at their stupidity. They are proof, if it was ever needed, that money does not buy you taste!

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Met a new client this afternoon in Bamber Bridge, just south of Preston. A very pleasant chap with one of these on his drive, part way through restoration.
A Standard Flying 9 from the 1930s..

It has a mighty 9 bhp and could supposedly make 62 mph when new. Club members say more like 45 mph.
He's hoping to have it on the road this summer. I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

4401 - 4420 of 4467 Posts