Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4381 - 4400 of 4467 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,545 Posts
Our MD swapped his Macan for a Taycan. I quite like it, I wouldn’t say it looks bad or ugly, just different to the norm, not always a bad thing. Looks are also very subjective so no one is either right or wrong. It’s an impressive car to say the least

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,799 Posts
It's so people who don't want to drive an ugly car can have one...the Audi is SO much better looking imo. The Porsche headlights (and surrounding panels) are awful on the Taycan..looks like a five year old designed them!

·
Registered
37,956 Posts
The Porsche may look like it’s crying more than the concept version but the Audi looks like mess to me. Each to their own.

·
Registered
745 Posts
@cue2 That artega looks decent, a tad more proper sportscar lines on the back, although im not sold on the front, its a bit too bulbous for the Ferrari-look

As for the Taycan, i think it looks a bit overdone, and the weird arches around the headlights remind me of McLaren (which in this context is a bad thing), but i much prefer it to the Macan. One is a glimpse into the future, the other very much the past, and an SUV

As for the Audi, i much prefer that to the regular cross-over e-trons, and probably over the porsche as well, it looks far more generic audi, but to me that is what electric cars need to become, electric CARS rather then ELECTRIC cars. Spec it out with a decent set of wheels and a nice colour, and that is quite a nice thing, and id much rather have the audi on the drive then the taycan

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Reactions: Muz and cue2

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,389
A light metallic green Giulia GT on the A30 in Sunningdale. That was a pleasant surprise :)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I passed a small garage in Devon today and on the forecourt all covered in dirt and for sale were
A Celica convertible
A Renault 4
A Ford Mustang
A Triumph Stag
There were other there I can't remember. I should have taken a picture. A weird collection but it made me smile!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Isn’t that an Edd China special?
That’s the one, worlds fastest shed! I didn’t realise it was actually road legal, had some advertising boards on it so probably how it’s still going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
A Lotus Esprit looking great despite the green paint, and making a lovely noise as it went past me on my bike.
Not certain if it was just a sports exhaust or one of the rare V8s.. On the road between Grimsargh and Longridge this afternoon.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
A black Rover P6 trundling down Langley Lane, Goosnargh. The quintessential old man's car.

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
16,228 Posts
Bauer 3-Series. I also saw bright yellow Fiat 128 3P which looked and sounded fantastic but sadly couldn't get a picture. I may invest in a dashcam.

Yesterday I saw a Vauxhall Tigra. I thought these had all been turned into baked bean tins years ago. Taping over the Vauxhall badge seems a good move.

Attachments

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,397
Was Baur the constructor or was T-Baur a play on words or German for T-Bar?

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,545 Posts
Two identical bright yellow Lamborghini Huracan spiders crawling around Blackburn. Of all the cars, in all the towns 🙄

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Ferrari 812, in grey (groan), on the A6 north of Preston this afternoon.

4381 - 4400 of 4467 Posts