Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4361 - 4380 of 4467 Posts

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Current shape ones are still looking pretty strong in the book and on AutoTrader. I will confess to actively pointing and laughing at anyone buying a Mustang without a V8! What's the point? They don't handle apparently...so if you can't go fastish in a straight line you might as well not bother!
Just back from a good 8 mile circular walk in the bright sunshine. Part of the way along I saw a convertible new style Mustang approaching in the distance, my ears pricked-up in readiness for the aural onslaught of a lovely V8, only to be very disappointed by the feeble sound of what was clearly the 4 cylinder version. I couldn't help but have a good chuckle to myself! :D

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,799 Posts
There is a white 4 cylinder one in Chichester.....with the 5.0 badge on the wings....very sad indeed.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quite an apt spot on the week they announced Mondeo production is to end. I can’t believe almost 30 has passed since it was launched. Blimey.
I thought that was announced a while ago?
Bit crazy really that SUVs have killed off the mondeo.
I looked at a Vignale estate last year. It was really nice and at a year old some poor sod had lost thousands on it from new. Still pricey though for a Ford mondeo.

·
Registered
37,956 Posts
The Mondeo has also been replaced by the “premium“ 3 series , A4 and C-class as the extra monthly cost equates to less than a takeaway a month for all the prestige.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,366
I thought that was announced a while ago?
Bit crazy really that SUVs have killed off the mondeo.
I looked at a Vignale estate last year. It was really nice and at a year old some poor sod had lost thousands on it from new. Still pricey though for a Ford mondeo.
You’re correct, mate. On the radio they probably said ‘production of the Mondeo is to end next month’, rather than ‘Ford has announced that production of the Mondeo will end next month.’ My bad :)

Interestingly (well, sort of) given it’s been around for close to 30 years and Ford sold loads of them, I’ve never been in a Mondeo. Surely statistically that should have happened? Even a taxi ride (or maybe I had a taxi and was too tiddly to notice :))

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,369
The bits that are still working, I’d guess :)

·
Registered
16,228 Posts
You’re correct, mate. On the radio they probably said ‘production of the Mondeo is to end next month’, rather than ‘Ford has announced that production of the Mondeo will end next month.’ My bad :)

Interestingly (well, sort of) given it’s been around for close to 30 years and Ford sold loads of them, I’ve never been in a Mondeo. Surely statistically that should have happened? Even a taxi ride (or maybe I had a taxi and was too tiddly to notice :))
Production ends in March 2022. As hinted at by the grand tour, the writing has been on the wall for a while. People either want something German or an SUV.

It makes me quite sad. I've had seven of Ford's mid-range saloons beginning with a MKV Cortina in 1989. Some **** stole that one and I never saw it again. And yes I do hope the culprit's **** fell off.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Saw a TVR Tuscan in that weird pearl flip paint in blueish. Haven't seen a Trevor for awhile then again I bet few go out in them during the Winter months!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
First electric Porsche I have seen in the wild. Not that impressed tbh

·
Registered
885 Posts
Saw my first Taycan a little while ago. I think it’s fairly nice looking, but one thing that did strike me was just how big it was. The pictures don’t really convey the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,374
There’s a few locally. One is a shade of grey that’s just awful, while the other is a nice metallic blue. It looks so much better in lighter shades... almost nice looking. And yes, they are big!

·
Registered
16,228 Posts
I must admit I'm not keen on the styling. The front looks like it was designed for a different car.

This nice old XJS comes out of hibernation every spring. I should hate the gold wheels but they really suit the colour, which also suits the car. I think it might have lower profile tyres than standard.

Attachments

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,376
I like XJSs.

Today I saw a Ferrari 308GTS. Haven’t seen one in years!

·
Registered
37,956 Posts
I must admit I'm not keen on the styling. The front looks like it was designed for a different car.

This nice old XJS comes out of hibernation every spring. I should hate the gold wheels but they really suit the colour, which also suits the car. I think it might have lower profile tyres than standard.
Looks very shy, the way it’s hiding.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
I see a couple of those Porsche Tincans regularly - one in white, the other in black. I don't like either, and agree they're huge in the metal.

And for a polar opposite, I saw an original classic Fiat 500 in Preston this evening. In white (obvs). Now that was cool.

·
Registered
37,956 Posts
The Mission show car was way better than the Taycan production version.

but here’s a Frankfurt taxi in prosthetic beige

·
Registered
745 Posts
I just remebered i saw a 4C a few days back, in grey, driving by an elderly couple, i suppose those are the people with the money to buy one (at least over here)

I like the idea of it, but im still not blown away by the 4C, styling wise there it doesnt quite feel right (i feel like out of the period between the 159 and the giulia, only the 8c and mito work well), and unless you know its built from a carbon monocoque, it isnt proper exotica to me either, with the 1750 four pot...

Still, i wouldnt refuse one if offered :p

4361 - 4380 of 4467 Posts