Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,263

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,264
I have a headlamp bezel on a shelf to remind me.
And a dozen patent plaques!
Cue,

is it possible to patent just an idea or a concept, or do you need tech spec, drawings etc?

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,265
A red XJS convertible, tan roof, US spec headlights.

Curious thing about the XJS, is that they tend to be my most commonly spotted modern classic. That seems to be at odds with their build/reliability reputation; a reputation which implies that seeing even one is a miracle. Maybe this tells us don’t believe what you hear, but believe what you see. And I see more XJSs than I see SECs...

Anyway, I think they’re ageing really well (y)

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,268
The Jag to Stag ratio - locally, at least - swings in favour of the XJS :)

·
Registered
37,381 Posts
Cue,

is it possible to patent just an idea or a concept, or do you need tech spec, drawings etc?
Surprisingly, the theme of the headlamp shape etc has been patented along with other parts. I thought it was for “inventions” so I explained the unique relationship of the bumper to the step to the attornees.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,270
OK. could you just submit a written explanation of the idea, or do they require images and tech specs, too?

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,272
Oh. Looking at that list, someone beat me to it with the idea :-(

never wanted to be fabulously wealthy anyway. ;-)

·
Registered
37,381 Posts
A Giulietta Turismo from 2011. Very rare as they were never supposed to sell as they were just to put a lower price in the ads. Lacked alarm and had basic HVAC . It still had its steel wheels and wheel trims too.

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
One of those Z3 based Cobra looking things. Would have looked ok of it didn't have tiny little wheels.

Also an E36 EmmFree. I thought these had all met their end on track days piloted by people called Woz and Wez. It looked chavvier that Cheryl Cole's hen night.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
A white VX220 on Langley Lane, Goosnargh this afternoon. Lovely little thing, and like a breath of fresh air compared to all the samey samey dreary modern metal.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
A green Lotus Exige screamed past my road yesterday, bright green in colour.

Also a Mclaren of some sort was behind me on the way to work, dark blue in colour. Couldn't tell if it was the 600LT or the newer one, and frankly I'm not that enamoured by them. Shame the driver didn't feel like overtaking :whistle:

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,401 Posts
A campsite owning friend of mine has one.....proper quick too.....Even thought its a bit "SUV" for me Id rather have one than a Tesla.

·
Registered
37,381 Posts
The Jaguar is built in Austria under contract and it looks like they were optimistic with numbers or need them for offset.
Some are leased at good price to NHS trusts, probably with small wheels and they only look good with upgraded wheels.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I find it a bit funny looking personally, I’m not a fan of this halfway house style that’s popular these days, make it an SUV or make it a saloon! Having said that I do see quite a lot of them so clearly it does it for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4261 - 4280 of 4298 Posts