Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4221 - 4240 of 4298 Posts

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,222
There’s a Smart car locally dressed like that. When you see it on the road, it looks like a mobile Christmas tree. :)

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Perhaps it was the same car. It was in Selsdon. It came past as I was walking the dog and I had a glimpse of a reference to a body repair shop.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,225
That looks very much like the one I see, Liam. How delightful to know there’s more than one of them on the road :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rolls Royce Cullinan. The
I’ve also seen a Smart like that, I assumed it was advertising something to do with lawns.

Looked something like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If anyone ever sees that driving erratically ‘grass’ them up to the police.

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,401 Posts
Rolls Royce Cullinan. The SUV thing.
looks very much like the new Electric black cab.:ROFLMAO:
That's a car that's definitely in my top five most hideous cars!!! What were they thinking???

·
Registered
37,381 Posts
I knew Giles Taylor , who was Chief Designer at Rolls Royce when that Cullinder thing was done, from college and I did ask him if his move to work in China was better.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,231
I knew Giles Taylor , who was Chief Designer at Rolls Royce when that Cullinder thing was done, from college and I did ask him if his move to work in China was better.
I doubt it. China’s probably full of Cullinders!

·
Registered
16,034 Posts
If this was mine, I'd have spent my morning searching out empty carparks for a bit of plenty shidewaysh action.

Attachments

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,233
Is that a Celica Supra, the 2.8 version?

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,401 Posts
Not that unexpected....but he didn't tell me!! My Mazzer loving neighbour today chopped his blue Ghibli in for a blue Gran Tourismo. (He bought a 4 door to take the grand kids around....but they hardly ever went out in it). As much as he loves them I'm quite surprised he bought another....his fourth (all used 5 to 7 years old).... reliability on all of them has been horrendous (mainly electrics....SURPRISE!....but mechanical woes as well)....and since (and he wont mind me telling you this) he has the mechanical ability of a sock...repairs cost him a fortune!! He recons that his Ghibli was in the shop for a total of 7 months out of the 3 years 4 months he owned it. My 159 (with triple the miles) has been perfect by comparison.....a fact I do like to KEEP reminding him off!!! Good news is he's promised me a go in it after COVID (so somewhen in 2024!) to see what I think......:). I liked the Ghibli when I took that for a punt around the lanes....smooth, quickish but felt very heavy.

·
Registered
37,381 Posts
I drove an AX loancar years ago. Very strange feeling that the top of the side windows was too low and the sill was a bit too high. Despite that I felt very vulnerable In it.

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,237
Given that the driver is the most structurally substantial part of an AX, that’s not surprising. :)

Reactions: Nathan P

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
An AX GT in 2021! I considered one ages ago when they were already bangers but their tinny nature wasn't lost on me back then... Literally haven't seen one on the road for 20+ years!!

4221 - 4240 of 4298 Posts