Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4121 - 4140 of 4156 Posts

·
Administrator
46,146 Posts
I saw a Proton Jumbuck this morning. It's not very interesting, but certainly unexpected. Who on earth would have been daft enough to buy one?

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Clearly a dealer in Newark thinks there is someone out there who wants one for £2k

PS I only found it because I had no idea what one was and had to Google it. At one time every other police car in Humberside seemed to be a Proton and I wondered if that was what the Jumbuck was but clearly not.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I saw a Proton Jumbuck this morning. It's not very interesting, but certainly unexpected. Who on earth would have been daft enough to buy one?
I know someone who has one. He has treated it like sh*t over a decade and it just keeps going. They look much better in the weeds.

Attachments

·
Administrator
46,146 Posts
Clearly a dealer in Newark thinks there is someone out there who wants one for £2k

PS I only found it because I had no idea what one was and had to Google it. At one time every other police car in Humberside seemed to be a Proton and I wondered if that was what the Jumbuck was but clearly not.
Look at the state of that seat and gearstick gaiter. I'm dubious about those 60,000 miles...

·
Administrator
46,146 Posts
That said, it might just be the traditional result of the driver always having a measuring tape stuck in his back pocket.

It's got an interesting MOT history though. Seemed to quite regularly go more than a year between tests, and generally really low annual mileage except for one whopper where it did 15,000.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
My mother had an Austin 7 after WWII, it had a very basic chassis and brake system of pull rods.
Somewhere in my loft is a thirties price list for brand new Austin 7 spares. The chassis frame was listed for under a pound - I think it was 17/6d.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
And here’s why it is so cheap. I’ve got coat hangers with more substance. Do you think it might be time to clear out your loft, I know I ought to mine.

00C99344-844C-4E22-9F6E-F0F45050D204.jpeg

·
Administrator
46,146 Posts
Blimey. I had a go-kart made out of a silver cross pram which had bigger wheels than that.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
It was good enough to be the first BMW and the first Datsun at the time and as the basis for the first 4 wheel jaguar, the “ Swallow “.
You left out Bruce McLaren’s first racing car and the Lotus Mk1. Doesn’t mean it was any good. What is good is that it enabled them to go onto better things.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They were pretty popular in Australia, used to be stacks floating around. Just dont crash one....

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,136
Didn’t Skoda once make a similar pick up? Funtub or something?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Wasn’t there a Mazda Weekend Funboy? Based on the Bongo.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Actually my brother in Japan has/had one. I told him he ought to stop lecturing physics in two universities and get a job with the Japanese car manufacturers naming cars. The above was one of my suggestions.
Here is a photo of one of his vehicles caught on a concrete culvert at the top of a 100 foot drop. His wife was driving. The crane was there within an hour and the only damages were an air con pipe and a lost shoe.

9002FDE1-2556-4ECC-861B-4333DB070687.jpeg

4121 - 4140 of 4156 Posts