Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4061 - 4080 of 4107 Posts

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
I have posted on this forum many a time that my absolute favourite all time motor is a Facel Vega. That Facel II is a beauty, but I would always go for the HK500 given the choice (I haven't been)

I would, nonetheless, have been in grave danger of soiling myself if I saw that in the flesh as you did.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Also - my neighbour has purchased a Porsche Taycan. I had to google it after I saw it this afternoon to know what t was.

To me, it looks like someone welded the front of a 911 to the back of the new Bentley Continental - but then I've never been a big Porker fan.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Are you sure it’s a Taycan and not a Panomera? The Taycan doesn’t look much like a 911 from the front!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Are you sure it’s a Taycan and not a Panomera? The Taycan doesn’t look much like a 911 from the front!

I've had another look this morning while walking the hound. I shall revise to a welding of the back of the new Bentley to the front of a Tesla 3.

It's certainly a Taycan.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Admittedly I’m yet to see one in the flesh but I think it’s quite nice looking in pictures, certainly better than the Panamera and definitely better than the model 3!

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I have posted on this forum many a time that my absolute favourite all time motor is a Facel Vega. That Facel II is a beauty, but I would always go for the HK500 given the choice (I haven't been)
For me, FV runs a close second to the Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
That looks very like the Dubonnet Red I remember from a DB4 I used to see regularly in the 1960s; its registration is now carried by a 2013 diesel Land Rover.

Pity about the wheels - they would look better in silver.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
A blue TR7 convertible, roof down, joining the M6 at Preston yesterday afternoon. Engine sounded good as well. In fact it was most likely a TR8 (didn't notice a badge).
Really caught the eye (in a good way!).

·
Registered
15,141 Posts
I was in South Central Bolton earlier and saw this rather marvelous Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

Whilst returning home we went past the Porsche dealer which had a Taycan outside. I have to agree that the front doesn't really match the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,073
It must be bring out your old Merc day:

- a Champage coloured 500 SEC on an E looking mint.

- an AMG-badged 190 on some bad-a55 wheels (I suspect it wasn’t an AMG)

- a Signal Red S124 looking very tidy (and I got a wave!)

- a non molested R129 SL on an H so that was pushing on for 30 years. I can’t believe it’s been 30 years since they were launched. Crikey!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I shall reply with a semi clear head (had a few beers watching the footy on) and say at the time I saw them I was of sound mind! 🙂

Well it's sound in the context of being clear of booze n weed (other drugs are available)

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
'70 plate Ferrari 812 GTS, in black, roof off, in Fulwood, Preston this afternoon.
Saw it go up to Broughton roundabout then come back on itself towards Preston. It stopped at the Black Bull traffic lights (pubs either side with people outside drinking in the sunshine), and in true bellend fashion, screeched away from the lights as soon as they turned green. The best bit was a few hundred yards down the road when he'd been pulled over by a motorbike plod. I witnessed all this on my push-iron, and was very tempted to slow down and listen in on the exchange as I rode past.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,080
A Rover 214/216... convertible. Remember them? It was having a slight mechanical calamity when I saw it, which was a shame as it looked to be in pretty good nick.

4061 - 4080 of 4107 Posts