Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4030 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pootling about today in no great rush, I took a few diversions while en route to the places I was heading to. I saw:

An N reg Volvo 244. For AO's yoofs, this wasn't an N reg from 1995, but a N reg from the 1970s - wooooooo :lol: Piloted by a bloke older than Moses, it trundled along quite merrily. It was brown. In fact, everything on it was brown, from the vinyl roof, the shade of its faded bumpers, right to its wheels and the inners of the headlights. All brown. As it passed, it even smelled brown.

A Y reg (83?) Jag XJ-S, in The Saint white. It wasn't a minter, just nicely jaded through age and neglect. It looked really sharp parked between both a modern Peugeot Munter and Toyota Eyehurt II.

Finally, a seemingly mint Montego Estate in red. The eyes screamed 'no!!!', the mind said 'show tolerance, look, observe, learn, respect the past.'

Did you see any unexpected motors today?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Finally, a seemingly mint Montego Estate in red. The eyes screamed 'no!!!', the mind said 'show tolerance, look, observe, learn, respect the past.'
Ha! I used to have one of those. And a Maestro! It is indeed _quite unusual_ to see one these days :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
A Volvo from the 1970's is only middle aged. I have a Gul 854 T-5R which is 19 on the 1/8/14, so the newer N reg, and it's having a full respray for it's 20th. Gul and my Alfa:-

·
Registered
301 Posts
Today's Alfa run out spotted A352 Sherborne Dorset in a lay by Maserati quattroporte, with its bonnet up :p:cheese:

·
Vendor
46,002 Posts
A Healey Sebring Sprite road-racer, belonging to one of our customers who was here dropping off his Alfa GT. Wire wheels, Yokohama semi-slicks & roll cage, looked like good fun :thumbs:

·
Registered
26,141 Posts
Today was a good day:

Red 4c :thumbs:
Maserati Gransport :thumbs:

It was a good day :)
The 4c gave me a blip with the horn and waved - I waved back :)

And yesterday, I overtook a BMW i8 :thumbs: when on the way to Genk (Belgium) to pick up a drivers side foglight
It looks - well - different. Space age stuff. Interesting. Lady driving it didn't look half bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Original Golf Mk 1 GTi - about '78. Looked tiny compared to the current model but the sharpness of the styling and overall good design stood out.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Red Renault 5 Turbo 2 on the A40 outside Ross. Always wanted one of those.....kids couldn't understand my excitement. Haven't seen one for about 20 years....

Attachments

Reactions: baxter2308

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Saw an i3, looked just as ridiculous in the metal as I was expecting...

Also saw something very old but couldnt quite see the name, it looked about the size of an Austin 7, not sure if it was one or not

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Red Renault 5 Turbo 2 on the A40 outside Ross. Always wanted one of those.....kids couldn't understand my excitement. Haven't seen one for about 20 years....
that's spooky.

sort of related...

Last night, I dreamt I restored my mum's former R5 Gordini Turbo. Spent all day thinking about it, how to find one and thinking what it would be like to drive today. "Turbo lag" and "a bit nuts" came to mind :lol: :thumbs:

Happy days :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Saw two!! Jaguar MkIV Dropheads in Bowness yesterday in convoy with a Morgan and an XJS convertible
Just prior to that I saw what I thought was a Humber Snipe.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Yesterday was a good day.

Triumph Stag
Aston Martin DB6

·
Registered
15,014 Posts
Apart from a healthy collection of Alfas at the AONW brekky meet earlier, other notables were an absolutely immaculate MkII Jag and a BMW 3.0 CSL in that funky yellow colour.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 4030 Posts