Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedo has a dull area (orund 100mph) where the backing has pulled away from the black surface of the dials.

Does anyone know if dial kits are available for the 155? The usual suspects don't seem to be of any help, Lockwood included. I don't want boy racer white but think a Rosso-like colour would look rather good. Failing this I might have to salvage standard ones from a used binacle. Anyone got a binacle from a 2.0 16v (7k red line on tacho)?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have spoken to a UK company who make replacement dials from brushed metal with a coloured film behind (choice of different colours) for the markings. They look good in daylight and better at night. Other metal finishes are available at request. They currently don't have any patterns for Alfas but would be happy to do them. All they need is a pattern from either a dial face or a very good copy/scan. Who ever provides this could expect a good discount on the usual price of £80ish. Is anyone interested? I am thinking of pushing ahead with the 155 2.0 16v dials for my car, for the reason in my previous thread.

From what I've seen these do look good, much better than some of the tacky plastic versions on the market.

PM me for further details.

Alfaowner - would you like to persue this via the on-line shop?

Please note that I am simply passing this information onwards to other possible interested parties. I stand to make nothing from doing so!

E

·
0 Posts
Not sure how good these are and have not translated the page, but saw these the other night on ebay whilst doing a "continental" ;) search for 155 goodies.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38786&item=7901601541&rd=1

These particular dials are not my cup of tea, look particularly vulgar :tut: (they must be having a larf with the Ferrari badge :cheese: on the blue set - I'm sure Maranello didn't go as far as nicking the 155 Clock layout from the corporate parts bin! :confused: ). Sellers rating looks iffy....... However, looks like there may be someone out there that already produce a set, across the channel.

My originals are in good condition and to be honest I had not given it any thought to change them.

In terms of getting a scan, someone must have the various set of clocks in their collection of spares that a scan could be obtained from? Are the clocks different on the 1.8 / 2.0 / 2.5 - in terms of red lines, maximum mph reading etc.?? :confused: ??

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
scanned from the handbook (I know its small... :D )

I'm sure this can be reworked for what you require

san

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
marlon said:
That's a Post 95 V6 display isn't it ????
errr........ well it looks like mine and mine is a skinny 93 v6

there is another illustration in the handbook and know doubt there is other versions on the theme with different warning light combinations... :confused:

san

J

·
0 Posts
would the instrument binacle and clock set from the 156 be compatible with the senders from the 155 and are the connectors the same?
Obvoiusly it wouldn't be a simple bolt on mod but it would look quite cool with some fiddling about.
Also is it possible to change the backlight colour to red on the 155?
FGN

·
Banned
477 Posts
Evo-number-one said:
Not sure how good these are and have not translated the page, but saw these the other night on ebay whilst doing a "continental" ;) search for 155 goodies.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38786&item=7901601541&rd=1
I emailed these guys (or it might have been someone in Switzerland selling the same ones), anyway asked him if they could do them in MPH as these only show KMPH. I got a garbled message back saying if they got a picture they might be able to do something. I liked the look of the white dials with the alfa logo on. But don't hold that against me.

N

·
0 Posts
Is it just the clock you are looking for as i have 2 sets of 2.0 16v clocks and just gathering dust so if you want one let me know.
Also what is the milage on yours so i can see which one would suit better.

Ted :(

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Funkin Go-nut said:
would the instrument binacle and clock set from the 156 be compatible with the senders from the 155 and are the connectors the same?
Obvoiusly it wouldn't be a simple bolt on mod but it would look quite cool with some fiddling about.
Also is it possible to change the backlight colour to red on the 155?
FGN
I don't think you could use the 156 instrument pod as they are very different in shape
But the backlight bulb could be changed for coloured bulbs, either ready coloured or get some paint for colouring bulbs

san

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
jsc5 said:
Birba Racing do white dial kits for the 155, but only kph unfortunately. They sell them for 65 euros approx.

Check out http://www.birba.com/shop/customer/home.php?cat=172 and http://www.birba.com/pdf/alfa155en.pdf for details.

These are the dials that are fitted to Sparco's 155 V6 that was in their catalogue a few years ago, and also in the Demon Tweeks catalogue.
Anyone know how this these dials are printed eg. is plastic film or card and do they have self adhesive backing?

san

·
Registered
27 Posts
They are polycarbonate/lexan with self adhesive backing. Not sure 100% about the backlighting, but I think it is red.

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts