Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know of any free diagnostics software for a Jaguar S type? its a V reg and has a 3.0 petrol engine. also, what type of cable would i need and where abouts is the plug located on the jag? you can probably tell i know nothing about them :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Not sure about free software, but an OBD2 reader I would imagine should help you.

There are handheld readers, but if you get the cable, check if it is serial. If so, most modern laptops do not have a serial connection, you will have to buy/obtain an older laptop. A Panasonic Toughbook is the ticket for such an application, these are rugged and bulletproof (not literally but they do take knocks and drops well). Windows 2000 should run well on a Pentium 2 onwards, but if you need to use DOS based OBD software, you would need something like a Windows 98 SP2 partition. Most of the "serial port" age will have non-existant battery life, so either budget in a new battery or a car charger. Or perhaps you have a garage with a plug socket.

Try ebay for the software. This one says it does Jags for £5 but I can't personally guarantee you:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRO-DIAGNOSTIC-SOFTWARE-OBD-ECU-TUNING-MERCEDES-JAGUAR_W0QQitemZ330326576023QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment?hash=item330326576023&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

The V6 petrol isn't the Citroen engine (as per the diesel) so I can't help for plug location, sorry!

Good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The plug is located in the Drivers side footwell, under the steering column. Whereabouts in the country re you? I may be able to help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts