Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the following message this morning after the car struggled to start in the cold... Motor Control System Failure. I let the car warm up a little bit, then switched it off and started it up again, the message was still there.

I suspect my battery is on it's way out as starting has been laboured for a while but before I take it into somewhere I was wondering in anyone local can scan the car for me to see what the actual error is. Don't really want to be charged an hours labour just to find out it's an easy fix and a new battery...

I live near Dudley and I work in Wolverhampton but don't mind travelling a few miles out of the way...

Happy to pass a few beer tokens along for any help

Edit: Forgot to mention it's a 16v JTDm 147 just in case that makes any difference...

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
WAD, not far off the birmingham new road, halfway between dudley and wolverhampton. Perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the car to a local garage for a scan and in typical fashion the light went out on the way, However the scan produced the following codes

P0504 and P0340

The battery check showed that the battery was past is best though, only producing 360 out of the rated 600 CCA

New battery installed and the car starts much better, will check out the brake switch and clear the codes and see how things go...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts