Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does such a thing exist for the ondinary Joe Soap. I see on Alfadiag's website that they don't cover the diesel engines

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
For your car any EOBD/OBD2 reader can be used to read and clear trouble codes. You can get them from the ebay for 20-150Euro...

Search ebay for "OBD scaners, code readers"

ps:this thing work on Any Alfa Diesel from 2004 on....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers KGB I know the fella your on about had one for my last car a golf GTI. My next question which I could have asked in my op is where do you find the diagnostic port? on the GT JTDM

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Under the steering wheel, remove the panel and you will see a big fuse box...in the bottom of it look for the OBD connector.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi All
Do you know if this kind of reader would work on my 2003 1.9 16v jtd,it's the 140hp version and according to the log book in a mjet.
Cheers
Shug

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Hi All
Do you know if this kind of reader would work on my 2003 1.9 16v jtd,it's the 140hp version and according to the log book in a mjet.
Cheers
Shug
Maybe ... the EU rules states that every Diesel after 2004 HAS to be EODB compatible ... your's is pre-2004, however it is probably likely (possibly maybe) that yours is EODB compatible given that it is the 16v (facelift??) ...

... my '52 JTD (non mjet) is partially EODB compatible in that it responds to some of the EODB messages (although the content is not 100% correct) ...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yea mine is facelift inside and out,i see argos sell an rac one so i think i'll buy it and if it doesn't work i'll take it back.
I'll let you know how i get on.
Cheers again
Shug

·
Registered
264 Posts
Right i bought the reader and it found 2 codes but they were nothing like the ones in the book that came with the reader.
u0500 and u0900 were what came up i erased them and tried again straight away but they came up again.
All i want to do is reset the airbag light
Help
Cheers
Shug

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
For the airbag light try to check the connections under the seats, also it is good to check your battery charge...if it is too low you will have the airbag light, as the ECU for the airbags is very sensitive in terms of voltage.

Hope that helps a bit....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts