Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,is there any body that can tell me where the plug is, that i can plug a diagnostic reader into,would be a great help.cheers Adi

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Behind a cover by your right knee when sitting in drivers seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
undo the 2 screws on the left and right of the steering wheel at about your knee level, drop the lid and you'll see the white fuse box, there is a black plug on the top of the box.

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
undo the 2 screws on the left and right of the steering wheel at about your knee level, drop the lid and you'll see the white fuse box, there is a black plug on the top of the box.
Not on a 156.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Suppose we should ask what diagnostic he's hoping to use .. if it's not MultiECUScan or AlfaDiag, he's going to be out of luck on a 156!

·
Registered
208 Posts
The socket is def behind the panel to the right of the steering wheel - small cmpartment, undo screws and above fuse box.

I have a 156 (2005) and it is there on mine.

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
The socket is def behind the panel to the right of the steering wheel - small cmpartment, undo screws and above fuse box.

I have a 156 (2005) and it is there on mine.
Late 156 had one screw (turnable my hand) added because people kept breaking the clips.
Earlier 156 had no screws.
Procedure is the same though: release the steering column lever (otherwise you'll break the clips), remove the one screw (only late 156) then unclip the two clips on the bottom edge.

If you have more than that single screw, someone had put those in later!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Suppose we should ask what diagnostic he's hoping to use .. if it's not MultiECUScan or AlfaDiag, he's going to be out of luck on a 156!

Why's that? I bridged wires on my ELM327 El'cheapo and I am using FiatEcuScan on 156, 147 145 etc without issues.

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
Why's that? I bridged wires on my ELM327 El'cheapo and I am using FiatEcuScan on 156, 147 145 etc without issues.
"FiatECUScan" is just the old name for "MultiECUScan" (they changed the name when they started to cover a couple of Suzuki).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts