Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Im battling to find the right cable here in sunny sa (kkl i think) and was wandering if anyone could tell me this diagnostic cable would be the right one to use on a 2003 alfa 147 2.0TS.

Buy Parts & Accessories - Diagnostics cable for cars -VW, SEAT and AUDI must see!!!! ONLY R499!!!! - Cape Town - South Africa

I assume i would need to to the mod described by Smaky mentioned here :http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/117886-tech-tip-have-obd2-alfadiag-but-cant-reset-airbag-light.html

Any Help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
That looks like the right sort of cable ... but are you sure you've got a twin spark? I thought Alfa were only doing JTS's in 2003??? It might be different in SA though :confused: ... (and alfadiag doesn't support JTS's)

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I have the right cable for you (I have a selespeed myself) and it is tested and does all the selespeed functions, PM me

p.s. I charge 30 euro plus shipping R499 = 42 euro !!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
This is the place I got my two cables from, one of whih I modified permanently for airbag.

eBay

£2.96 for the lead
£5.80 international postage to anywhere in the world

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the place I got my two cables from, one of whih I modified permanently for airbag.

eBay

£2.96 for the lead
£5.80 international postage to anywhere in the world
Thanks for the heads up man ill have a look and see if i can fin d another as that sale has ended.

I have the right cable for you (I have a selespeed myself) and it is tested and does all the selespeed functions, PM me

p.s. I charge 30 euro plus shipping R499 = 42 euro !!!
Thanks man but arranging payment and so forth is a bit of hasle from my side.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
become a member of Paypal (free) and payment is simple from anywhere in the world.
I already did send 2 cables to SA.
p.s. the cable you find on Ebay does not have the airbag function !

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Buy two cables.

Leave one alone, engine ECU

on the other, switch pin 7 to pin 3.

Job done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
become a member of Paypal (free) and payment is simple from anywhere in the world.
I already did send 2 cables to SA.
p.s. the cable you find on Ebay does not have the airbag function !
Coll let me see what i can do.

Buy two cables.

Leave one alone, engine ECU

on the other, switch pin 7 to pin 3.

Job done.
Would i still need to if i get the one from rarebear ?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Would i still need to if i get the one from rarebear ?
Just making you aware of other £££ options.

As long as the switch is properly integrated, you should have no problems.

Rarebears one allows one cable with a switch to control either the ECU or the airbag.

Me, I went for two cos I didn't fancy my soldering skills in fitting a switch small enough to be convenient.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts