Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed nearly 1200 miles, staying in various locations, touring the Quantock hills, Exemoor and down into Cornwall as far as Port Issac in the S2! She ran faultlessly except the wipers were making some 'orrible sounding noises in the rain on Tue so came home before more rain on Friday as I didnt fancy 200+ miles with dodgy wipers. But! The hood kept us dry, the gearbox (remember the rebuild?) was perfect and the engine sweet, using very little oil. I cannot believe we ramped up so many miles running around. Saw a few other Alfa Romeos, some shared a wave others didnt:

S4 Spider on the A361 outside Taunton, a 916 Spider, cant remember where! A very enthusiastic exchange of waves with a GTV Berty in Dulverton. Ignored by a new Giulia, a Brera and various 159's. We also exchanged waves with various other classics, MGB's, a Stag a Morry 1000 and a couple of Midgets.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sounds amazing.. and trouble free motoring... :thumbup:

Im just waiting on Martin to organise the Italy trip..:happy::happy:

Just completed nearly 1200 miles, staying in various locations, touring the Quantock hills, Exemoor and down into Cornwall as far as Port Issac in the S2! She ran faultlessly except the wipers were making some 'orrible sounding noises in the rain on Tue so came home before more rain on Friday as I didnt fancy 200+ miles with dodgy wipers. But! The hood kept us dry, the gearbox (remember the rebuild?) was perfect and the engine sweet, using very little oil. I cannot believe we ramped up so many miles running around. Saw a few other Alfa Romeos, some shared a wave others didnt:

S4 Spider on the A361 outside Taunton, a 916 Spider, cant remember where! A very enthusiastic exchange of waves with a GTV Berty in Dulverton. Ignored by a new Giulia, a Brera and various 159's. We also exchanged waves with various other classics, MGB's, a Stag a Morry 1000 and a couple of Midgets.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Nice one Stephen, its easy to rack up the miles when you're enjoying yourself , I did 1500 miles touring Ireland in mine (twice) and had no probs apart from a failed spark plug that was my fault for running it too retarded, the Spiders are very good tourers
Yes Rod by hook or by crook.....

Reactions: roony

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Great to hear, we're off on our first European trip next Friday in the S2, a week touring around Brittany. Fingers crossed for no rain or mechanicals!

Reactions: roony

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention! the one place we stayed, a farm where we have been before, the owner just took delivery of a new £178K toy, silly boy let me have drive!!!:driving::classic:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts