Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Detailing a Misano Blue Veloce

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  paultrim 
#1 ·
Have any of you folks detailed your own Giulia's?

I'm taking delivery of mine next week (17 plate) and it is in dire need of a good detailing, the paint work was scratchy where clearly it has not been polished since new.

I've got a DA polisher and pads and have previously clay barred and Meg's 205 to bring up the paint work on a black 159 finishing with a ceremic coat. I'll be looking to do the same to the Giulia but was wondering if anyone has any experience, is the paint hard / soft, any recommended pads / polish?

Cheers

#2 ·
Got the gear but never actually got round to polishing mine so far. Paint is in pretty good nick anyway, just the gloss black door pillars need sorting asap.

I do like my detailing when I have time so have coated the wheels and other bits but can't really help you out on the paint. I think it depends on colours even from the same manufacturer whether it's hard/soft. Start off with your least aggressive and see how it goes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I spoke to an advisor from Polished Bliss detailing website and they reckon that the paint is soft, they recommended I use Menzerna Medium Cut Polish 2500 with a Scholl Polishing Puck, I dont have a DA polisher (yet!) but the Menzerna can be applied by hand or DA.

I also invested in Gyeons Leather Cleaner and Leather Shield. Goes on a bit like a ceramic coating and you have to leave it to cure but again, its durable and will protect the leather for upto 12 months (so they say).

Reactions: Karl_Shad86
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.