Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ready for last weeks holiday, I set about cleaning the Giulietta and got the front passenger footwell partly "hoovered" out when the, admittedly budget cost, vacuum burnt it's motor out.

I now need to buy a replacement and need any advice members can provide.

The bust one was an ASDA budget compact which has lasted a decent time but it's suction was never that great.

I see adverts for Dyson and G Tech but they seem very pricey.

Halfords car vacs seem to get low ratings except for one of the Black and Decker Dustbusters but they are all 12V whereas I am happy to use 240v if it will have a better suction.

Further research into mains powered has left me totally confused and the Giulietta still in need of an interior clean so any advice from AO as to the best equipment to use for interior car cleaning will be more than welcome.

·
Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce
387 Posts
Save your money a Dyson cordless is useless wouldn't suck the skin off a rice pudding can't speak for other brands. If you want a clean car get a cylinder vacuum with all the attachments.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Got to be the Gtech Air ram - Buy it just for the name!! -
I've got a Dyson or Hoover or Vax sounds pants & doesn't impress - Tell someone you've got an "Air Ram", now that sounds like a mans vacuum cleaner :drink:

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Hand held vacs are universally pants in cars. We have a Dyson in the house which is great for random stuff on hard floors, but not car carpet. I just use a normal domestic vac or get the Festool worshop extractor on the job.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
German Shepherd hair? The only thing that moves that is a latex glove, for some reason it lifts the hair perfectly and into the nozzle of the vacuum. I've not found anything that will shift shepherd fur by suction alone.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
You need to have the brush bit pushed out.

But yeah, long dog fur [shrug]
(Like the mate who asked my advice on getting
a dog: "Short haired, female, sterilised"
So he got an intact male Golden Retriever and
just *****es all the time about fur and it pishing
on everything. :lol:)

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Box powders.

Which washing powder do you use?

Come fellas its a fecking vacuum cleaner, go to the shop pick one up and use it :lol:

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I hear there is a shady used vacuum cleaner black market in models that are greater than 1.6 KW now.

Me... I have a 2.3 KW monster Vax...

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
My Jeep has a 220V inverter socket.

Hmmm .....
..but as it's Italian owned it'll short, set on fire and everyone dies including Dolly the Dyson. Don't do it.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Henry has a big brother - NVDQ572 - twin 1200W motors - but it makes Dysons look cheap. We use them at my school and they're the most effective vacuum I've used on a car. I've seen professional car cleaners use them too.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Henry has a big brother - NVDQ572 - twin 1200W motors - but it makes Dysons look cheap. We use them at my school and they're the most effective vacuum I've used on a car. I've seen professional car cleaners use them too.
:shocked:

Or how about his even bigger brother - 3 x 1200w motors!
NTT2034-2 240v No Kit | One Stop Cleaning Shop

Make sure your seats are well bolted down....

·
Registered
787 Posts
Get a henry and remap it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts