1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Can't do any worse than the Giulietta

·
Registered
962 Posts
If he can't speak the lingo he won't get far with centro stile, they'll close ranks. Some sceptics have had a decent run in centro stile, Chris Bangle, Mike and Mary Robinson (both fluent) Frank Stephenson soon got the boot, but that was when old man Angelli ran the show.

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he can't speak the lingo he won't get far with centro stile, they'll close ranks. Some sceptics have had a decent run in centro stile, Chris Bangle, Mike and Mary Robinson (both fluent) Frank Stephenson soon got the boot, but that was when old man Angelli ran the show.
Trouble is , Turin design salaries are so low compared to Detroit that the Europeans will accept the secondments rather than the other way round . Gilles can work his magic on them there in the US of A where coloring in is more important than Design. Bangle and Robinson have enough soul to stay in Turin for the moment though.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The search is over
As ugly as a Giullietta but they probably sold more in Kensington than Alfa sold in the whole of the UK.

So, question is, who's getting it right?

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's not the question!
(Kensington is an Italian enclave anyway)

Is Ralph Gilles going to be better than Rammiciotti ?
That's the question.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Seeing as what Kraft have done with Cadbury's, can we now expect rear leaf springs and 5.4 litre V8's?
What's the purchase of a company that makes fake chocolate by a company that makes fake cheese got to do with anything to do with cars?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the purchase of a company that makes fake chocolate by a company that makes fake cheese got to do with anything to do with cars?? :rolleyes:
Not a lot but Kraft has ruined the authenticity/provenien of Birmingham chocolate . A new design boss at Fiat Alfa will not necessarily dictate what's under the surface but he will manage the look of the cars from a different viewpoint.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I think it depends on how they want to position alfa, mass market or niche, vulgar and brash seems to have huge mass market appeal these days.

Personally, I dont think the X3 is a great looking car, but to be fair it is a great car, immensely versatile and not had a single thing go wrong with ours (that wasnt caused by the wife bumping it into things).

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The nationality of the head designer isn’t that important. Key is that he’s been able to absorb and learned to appreciate what makes Italian design so special :)
Hopefully he'll allow Marco Tencone to continue his input on this as I get the feeling Gilles more into Americana than people like Mike Robinson or Chris Bangle. Just google him and it's all Ram and Viper plus the 300C which bombed as a Thema...

G

·
Not a lot but Kraft has ruined the authenticity/provenien of Birmingham chocolate . A new design boss at Fiat Alfa will not necessarily dictate what's under the surface but he will manage the look of the cars from a different viewpoint.

...at least, I hope it was a joke! :lol:.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
WTF are you all worrying about ....

I still love Cadburys :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts