Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was talking to a chap today with a lovely 54 plate facelift 156 2.0JTS sportwagon
Black, black leather veloce spec. Don't know mileage. Said was offerered £3400 in P/ex whic is a **** take if you ask me.:rolleyes:

Gave him a card and referred him to this forum too . . :thumbs:

Car is in Bishopbriggs plate T*51 T** (private plate). If you see him and want it make him an offer - he'll rip your arm off

Wish I had the money/was looking to change as it was a belter . . .

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
That really is ridiculous. I know prices are dropping but I don't think it gives an excuse for the trade to take even more of the p**s than they usually do. He may as well keep it.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Worse to come I'm afraid.:(: Best bet has to be Autotrader, if you can manage the asking premium? Had some very quick replies using that outfit.:):

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
I would rather sell a car on ebay than PX it, you are likely to get more. Unless of course it has issues.

PX prices are low because the market in general is in free fall. Partly because of our stupid governments Road tax increase next year. :mad:

·
Registered
30,170 Posts
PX offers will never be anywhere near the cars sale-able price. They still need to sell it on and make a profit on it too.

Depending on mileage it may not be far off though...

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Mainly brought about by that unlimited access to credit abyss, we have toppled into. It'll take a while to reach the bottom, if we ever do, and then manage to crawl back out of it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I was offered some sort of derisory value for my 54 plate 156 saloon in diesel at the beginning of the year at a dealer, shame the car I was considering was expensive too, win both ways but things are changing in the current climate. I sold private cash for over £1k more via Autotrader. Autotrader has got to be the best bet for decent resell value, ebay is full of timewasting muppets expecting px prices.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You need to bear in mind though that when it was bought new the 156 was coming to the end of its sales run - so it will have been sold with a big discount. So probably not as bad as it looks.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
One of the guys at work is looking to buy a new (brand new) car, he went to BMW to have a look at the mini (no he isn't gay btw), BMW wouldn't budge on the asking price so the thought that if they do a deal on the part ex he would go for it ... all he wanted was the trade in price as per the Parkers guide ... they weren't even close to that, so he walked away ...

... surprisingly enough he got a call from them the next day with a slightly better offer ... he told them where to stick it

Car dealers really need to look at the bigger picture (rather than there margins) otherwise I can see alot of them going out of business ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts