Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a deposit down on Giulietta Veloce

2010 plate 56K miles paid £9900, Dealer agreed to replace the Timing belt , MOT for 12 months and I got labour free brakes replacement next year if they need it as part of next MOT , I was hoping to get a little cheaper but I think I have saved a few hundred on Timing belt service and Brakes when they need doing

Plus I saved a few quid as it had the exact mats I was going to drop in as well :thumbs:

Pick it up next week , cannot wait

·
Registered
301 Posts
Spot on I have just put down deposit on my GQV 2011 in white having to wait a while though as the dealer is putting my plate on! Hope you enjoy it, I am looking forward to getting mine!
What made you go with alfa? I've had them years ago the. Went down the German route!! BMW audi etc, but nothing was as good as my old alfas so I've bit the bullett!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looks lovely!! I was In a quandary about those wheels or the turbines, both lovely went with turbines in the end! Yours are more classic alfa looking I think, don't know about you? How are you finding the car sounds like your happy!
I am looking forward to getting mine!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Smart so smart I had the 19" inch ones on my Carbonio Brera for 4 years best looking wheels on the road, so when the time came for the Ghiaccio White QV the black turbines were a total opposite colour wise but so cool :inlove: :inlove:

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
I just picked up my GQV 2011 in white just this last Saturday with the 8c style wheels, havnt stopped grinning yet. Bet the wait is agoniseing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Those are the best wheels, Turbines look too small IMHO.
Pity there's very few of the lesser models with them as an option, mainly just the Cloverleafs.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yes very pleased with her so far, so relaxing to drive in normal mode, & a monster In dinamic, I would of been happy with either wheel combo, this one just happened to be the one with the least miles for the money. A bit more exhaust noise would of been better, but wind the window down & you hear her slurping air with a press of the naughty pedal. No rattles or squeeks except when on real ruff roads.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes very pleased with her so far, so relaxing to drive in normal mode, & a monster In dinamic, I would of been happy with either wheel combo, this one just happened to be the one with the least miles for the money. A bit more exhaust noise would of been better, but wind the window down & you hear her slurping air with a press of the naughty pedal. No rattles or squeeks except when on real ruff roads.

Awesome, sounds like you've picked a winner :) And your Status says it all "cant beleive the attention this car brings" So true :thumbs:

·
Registered
301 Posts
How are you finding the MPG? It seems a lot of people complain about this??
I don't understand why you would to be fair, you don't buy a petrol turbo with well over 200bhp for economy!!
It wasn't a concern for me buying one

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've had her 4 days now & received 5 comments of jelousy from around my town, when I'm driveing though the town centre & other buisy areas I get a sence from my periferal vision that I'm being watched, so not much chance of useing her as a bank robery getaway car.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Origionally I was in the market for a red one, but as I checked cars out in the flesh the white grew on me more & more, I think they over expose pic's so you loose the detail so mabe don't look so good on paper but in the flesh they look so fresh & cool, the Etna black was also cool too, just a shame the sun wasn't out to see the red flake sparkle. That one had the turbines on & looked very nice too, but for £500 more the white one had 15000 less miles, that made the deal for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picking the Alfa up tomorrow , cannot wait , just feel slightly sick when I visit this forum, the tales of expensive woe are every where just hope I have picked a good'n :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
Picking the Alfa up tomorrow , cannot wait , just feel slightly sick when I visit this forum, the tales of expensive woe are every where just hope I have picked a good'n :(
Try not to worry too much mate. Enjoy the new car. I picked up mine in December and had some reservations too, but by their very nature these forums polarise opinions.

People come on here (and any other manufacturer forum for that matter) to either discuss the brilliance of or problems with their cars - and very little else inbetween.

They are brilliant little motors and I look forward to seeing the pictures :thumbs:

·
Registered
475 Posts
How are you finding the MPG? It seems a lot of people complain about this??
I don't understand why you would to be fair, you don't buy a petrol turbo with well over 200bhp for economy!!
It wasn't a concern for me buying one
The mpg doesn't seem to bad, she's thirsty when you push her, but I find it surprising how good she is on a run & I just came from a diesel too. Not missing the engine note compared to this beauty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked the car up today from JCS at Kegworth , the car looks great and the dealer has done me proud

Replaced the timing belt as part of agreement in deal at the same time included tensioner and water pump, also replaced front pads and discs and rear pads as part of car prep , I am well pleased , that is main service bits covered for next couple of years

The car is a delight to drive and seats are really comfortable, the Scirocco can sulk on the drive until it goes back:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts