Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've found the white QV I've been looking for and love it! I'm just wondering what opinions people have on the white dashboard trim, that can be fitted before collection on Wed if I wish.

I like the idea of it matching the exterior colour of the car, and brightening up the interior, but does it suit the interior when the door cards etc remain the normal colour or does it stick out like a sore thumb? :confused:

I'm sure people on here have had it done, along with the matching gear knob that i'm also considering. If you have had it done are you really pleased with it? I've seen photos of it from the immediate front view and it seems to look really good, but has anybody done it and actually regretted it, feeling that the dark brushed aluminium original suited the car better on the whole?

I wish I was able to see a car with it done in the flesh to get a true impression but as there don't seem to be any at the dealers I felt that i'd just put the question out there.:thumbs:

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I have the red fascia along with the red knob and I like it a lot.

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
I reckon it could look a bit Fiat 500. Which is good on a cinquecento, but a carbon knob and the standard metal insert which mine has gives you a bit more depth.

R

·
0 Posts
Don't get too hung up on the knob, most people on here report that the top just falls off eventually!!! :)

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
I reckon the knob was a last minute spec change for launch as there were rumoured interior upgrades and the brochure/spec list said "leather trimmed" for a while . Anyway blutac is the answer until the carbon /red/ white replacement arrives!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I reckon it could look a bit Fiat 500. Which is good on a cinquecento, but a carbon knob and the standard metal insert which mine has gives you a bit more depth.
A carbon knob as the only carbon thing inside would look a bit out of place. And the standard insert just looks a bit too dull...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Don't get too hung up on the knob, most people on here report that the top just falls off eventually!!! :)
The one from accessories line does not.

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
A carbon knob as the only carbon thing inside would look a bit out of place. And the standard insert just looks a bit too dull...
I disagree . There's plenty of black in the Giulietta interior and I've not regretted it for the last 20000 miles! The 3D of the woven stuff looks great and not having a join round the side is good too.

R

·
0 Posts
Personally I don't like the white fascia even though it's on a white car. I know you can have every colour under the sun and even carbon fibre but the satin black just looks proper for me. Like people have said on here looks like FIat 500 spec

Rado which knob you got cos i bought mine with the bluetac modificata!! :)

·
Registered
35,769 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi everyone thanks for the comments and pictures. Think I'll wait until I've driven the car for a bit and take it from there.

Ps after having a look on the net I've found a special offer on the genuine white trim from partsworld-uk for only £45!! If anyone wants to grab a bargain!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I disagree . There's plenty of black in the Giulietta interior and I've not regretted it for the last 20000 miles! The 3D of the woven stuff looks great and not having a join round the side is good too.
This is the thing I like least about my car. I'd opt for beige upholstery but the last car to have it was the 159. Mine is too black. Luckily the sunroof helps a bit.

Rado which knob you got cos i bought mine with the bluetac modificata!! :)
I have the Rosso Alfa one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Rob - I pick mine up on Saturday (G Veloce), so would be interested to hear of any 'new owner' tips you might have between Wednesday and then :)

Cheers
GH

·
Registered
269 Posts
Rob - I pick mine up on Saturday (G Veloce), so would be interested to hear of any 'new owner' tips you might have between Wednesday and then :)

Cheers
GH

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Cheers
GH
Hi George,

I'm picking mine up on Thursday now as too busy on the Wed. Will let you know how its going!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts